UDP 2 restaurants 1 day

gizfish

If you reserve the table for 7pm, they will let the next party reserve it for 9pm. If you leave after one course, the table may have to sit vacant until 9pm, if the restaurant is too busy for them to juggle things around.

But, ultimately, it's their problem, isn't it?

I know.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and are simply continuing to speak to cover the fact that you were 100% wrong in your original posts. You keep stepping up on an imaginary high horse when if you read ANY of the responses no one agrees with you at all. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and just stop posting. You rambling is not helping anything and you have completely hijacked this thread (which is against the rules).

There is no issue what-so-ever with eating in two places in a single night, and in fact that is the main benefit of the UDP as the cost savings is minimal in most cases. If it caused these wide spread issues you invented then the program would be changed. Fact of the matter is it is not a problem and is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

6&8

As usual, this thread has got out of hand.

Hawkeyetise makes a valid point. If you book multiple tables in one night then it does reduce the tables available for others to reserve. As you don't sit at the table for all that long then it may mean more availability for walk ups, although that will be dependent on other factors.

It is the same if people make reservations that they don't keep (I have seen people mention the possibility of booking more than one place and then deciding later which one to use).

Of course, the fact that NCL allow you to do this means that you aren't doing anything wrong, or going against their guidelines, but I don't think it hurts to be aware. Personally, I wouldn't make more than one reservation because of this.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and just stop posting. You rambling is not helping anything and you have completely hijacked this thread (which is against the rules).
What on earth are you talking about? I have stayed exactly on the topic introduced by the OP.

There is no issue what-so-ever with eating in two places in a single night, and in fact that is the main benefit of the UDP as the cost savings is minimal in most cases. If it caused these wide spread issues you invented then the program would be changed. Fact of the matter is it is not a problem and is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

I never suggested there were any wide spread issues caused by this practice. Fact of the matter is it is not a problem because very few people do it. The UDP costs $20/day maximum, so it is easy to save lots of money without going to two restaurants every night. But if that is what you enjoy, at the risk of not saying anything new: Go for it.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and are simply continuing to speak to cover the fact that you were 100% wrong in your original posts. You keep stepping up on an imaginary high horse when if you read ANY of the responses no one agrees with you at all. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and just stop posting. You rambling is not helping anything and you have completely hijacked this thread (which is against the rules).

6&8

Like, again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder if you can order food to go from the specialty restaurants.
If you are in a suite, you can have food delivered to you. And if you're having a meal in the restaurant, you can order your dessert to go. Beyond that, they do not offer full meals as take-out, as far as I know. Particularly if you have the UDP, the issue would be that you could be giving the food to someone who does not have the package and who should be not be enjoying a specialty meal for no extra charge.

I wonder if you can order food to go from the specialty restaurants.

They do, but they're strict about how many appetizers, main courses, etc they'll bring. Delivery of the entire meal might be restricted to those in suites, as pointed out by the person above me, but I can't personally attest to having knowledge of that.

When my wife and I were on the Dawn, we ordered Cagneys for in-room dining. We were in a suite, so we called the butler and he came to our cabin to take the order. When he arrived he was very clear that we (my wife and I) could only order a total of two items from each course (2 appetizers, 2 salads, 2 main courses, etc). He explained it was to prevent abuse of the UDP system.

It makes perfect sense. I can only imagine what kind of abuse of the system is attempted. It's an even bet that on the very first day they implemented the UDP some jerk tried to order an excessively large in-cabin meal from a specialty restaurant in an attempt to feed his cheapskate non-UDP in-laws or something.