Whats the story?

Anyway the smaller and older ships is also gone skyhigh, almost 5500 $ for a Cruise with Explorer from Southampton to med. 14 days 2 in a balcony cabin thats too much.

Krydstosser

From Denmark

Edited by Krydstosser

Anyway the smaller and older ships is also gone skyhigh, almost 5500 $ for a Cruise with Explorer from Southampton to med. 14 days 2 in a balcony cabin thats too much.

Krydstosser

From Denmark

Hmm. Doesn't seem all that high for a two-week cruise in a balcony cabin. Are other cruise lines really significantly less than that?

Krydstosser

From Denmark

Seems not too bad to me for 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PennStateFan123

1100 $ cheaper Another example Norwegian Jade 14 day Cruise in april from Rome 4800 $ 700 $ cheaper..

Hey dude I don't know what your point is. You can always find something cheaper. Take whatever cruise you want; its a free country....at least mine is. There aren't any Germans still marching around your neighborhood are there?[emoji379][emoji378]

Edited by PennStateFan123

My point is that Rccl Prices are growing to fast, nothing more or nothing less and by the Way Denmark is in Scandinavia NOT in Germany.

I was referring to Denmark's heroic stand against the Germans in ww2. Ummmm never mind

The simplest explanation is that the prices reflect what RCI believes people will pay to sail on their ships. Only you can decide whether or not you are willing to pay those prices. As long as their ships continue to sail near or at capacity, don't expect the prices to drop.

We agree you said it all.Have a great next cruise. :)

My point is that Rccl Prices are growing to fast, nothing more or nothing less and by the Way Denmark is in Scandinavia NOT in Germany.

They expect you to pay for five new ships.what is it two oasis class,and three quantum class ships with DD dinning which they could get stuck with.The quantum ships don't seem to be that popular.Time will tell.Would love to see a Voyager class ship or freedom class in Cape Liberty.AT THE SAME OLD PRICES.JUST ARE OPINION.We have started to look at other cruise lines.:confused: :eek:

A very good question, and it's been that way since about mid-May 2014.

Isn't that about the time that Carnival had a series of issues w/breakdowns and people being stranded in less than desirable conditions? I don't mind paying a little extra for peace of mind regarding safety and on time performance.

you mean like fire on the serenade , propulsion problems on the ALLURE..., fire on the Grandeur. march 2014 adventure of the seas 2 weeks of propulsion problems. on 3/23, Royal was going to send the Adventure only partially repaired.they all have issues..

Yes, I agree they all have issues, but for whatever reason the local media had given more coverage time on the Carnival problems. I do not recall seeing any other ships/lines making the local news broadcasts with exception of the Concordia.

What is it about "Supply and Demand" that some folks just don't understand?

Expecting any business to continue to charge the lower prices that were necessitated by the Recession, once the economy began to recover is totally unrealistic. Even the recent low gasoline prices have begun to climb again, so don't expect the bargain rates being touted last year to return as the economy improves.

Edited by negc

Why does RCI charge more?

Because they can.

Exactly - because there are a lot of people willing to pay their prices. When their ships begin sailing half empty and at a loss, things would have to change at that point. As long as they can continually sell out their ships and return a profit, they have no reason to lower prices.

What is it about "Supply and Demand" that some folks just don't understand?

Expecting any business to continue to charge the lower prices that were necessitated by the Recession, once the economy began to recover is totally unrealistic. Even the recent low gasoline prices have begun to climb again, so don't expect the bargain rates being touted last year to return as the economy improves.

if you ask me, I think people totally underestimated the BOGO sale.

That took all of a week before price stated to grow in a big hurry- and since *I THINK* that the prices are more automated based on supply vs. demand as a function of time to cruise- ships filled fast. And the rate of that filling matters, too.

The sale worked so well that it's been extended all the way until at least Tuesday (from last May).

We've sailed 3 times that had the sale apply to them- prices were not super cheap, and the ship was full every time. I was getting used to $120 3 night cruises, and now they are $300- and the ship is full.

Prices are high and do a good job reflecting what people are willing to pay.

Thankfully, we got all of our cruises adjusted right at the beginning, so most of our future trips are major bargains, still.