Upgrade Offer - Oceanview to Balcony

SBthud326

We are sailing on the Glory in April, currently in an Oceanview on Main Deck Aft, kinda close to the elevators to Lido. We paid $419 + tax each for the cruise. The offer is for a Balcony for $300 total. I have never had a balcony, but this is our first trip together and I have always want to. But $300 seems a little higher than what I would pay to upgrade. Thoughts? Thank you!!

That depends on how badly you want it. IMHO I wouldn't pay anything additional for a balcony. In times past when we got to the S&S check in counter we were told that we were upgraded. I guess that's no longer the case as Carnival wants to upsell. Also, it would depend on where the location of the balcony is. Do your homework first as you might get a cabin that is less desirable than the one you booked.

Also, it would depend on where the location of the balcony is. Do your homework first as you might get a cabin that is less desirable than the one you booked.

For sure check the location. And do you spend much time in your cabin, or think you would lounge on the balcony much? $300 is quite a few drinks, milkshakes or other things. But it's not a bad price if you can afford it and really want a balcony.

i'd do it, but i love balconies. any time a balcony is close to 500/pp for a 7 day cruise i consider it a 'good deal'. looks like it's 619 for balcony guarantee, 669 to pick your room + 160 = 749pp for panorama deck, so i think that's a pretty 'good deal'. i like the 'high / forward' options on panorama or lido deck as you're close to all the 'action'.

so yeah i'd probably take it for that price, but i probably would have booked it to begin with, myself, so i may be biased :)

We are on the same sailing and we are talking getting a email or call from the upgrade fairy... looking at some offers that are around I think $300 is too much...well it would be for us I think.

I ended up taking it, $569 per person is still below what I know the balcony rates were when we booked. It's out first vacation together and I think it will be a nice little surprise. I called instead of doing it online, and the lady was very helpful. She wanted to make sure I got one on port side because that's where good views will be when we dock/tender, and I told her I wasn't the happiest with the two I was offered so she went through all the available ones and we ended up with one on Lido, cabins above and below us. I am super excited about it!! Now I just have to keep it a surprise. :D

i was on the glory 1/24/15. i originally had an interior room on the lido deck. i received an up sell call 5 days before the cruise with 2 options. first option move one deck up to a balcony for $250. or option two a wrap around aft balcony on the 5th deck for $300. i jumped on the wrap around aft balcony and surprised my wife. she still thought we had an interior room till she walked in.

my prices seemed better than what you received because i was moving up from an interior room. but i'm sure the time of year of the cruise makes a difference in the up sell price. and of course supply and demand.

enjoy your balcony and have a great cruise. i loved the glory.:D