Norwegian Gem-rock wall

ezideas

We are cruising on the Gem spring break out of NYC, I was wondering about the status of the Rock Wall. I know my kids, 8, 11, 14 were really looking forward to it, but I see it has been closed for some time now.

It won't be open.

Why not? Why is the rock climbing wall on the GEM closed? Did something happen?

I haven't been on this board for quite some time now, did I miss something?

We were on the Gem in 2013 without kids, when we went up to "check out" the rock climbing wall it was closed, but not for the entire cruise, just the time we went up to take pictures.

Curious, as we will be back on the Gem again in June.

:confused:

Why not? Why is the rock climbing wall on the GEM closed? Did something happen?

I haven't been on this board for quite some time now, did I miss something?

We were on the Gem in 2013 without kids, when we went up to "check out" the rock climbing wall it was closed, but not for the entire cruise, just the time we went up to take pictures.

Curious, as we will be back on the Gem again in June.

It has been closed for months as part of the work they are doing on the ship, I believe related to the scrubbers for exhaust emission standards. I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

When we were in the Gem at Christmas, there were large tanks and equipment in the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
We are cruising on the Gem spring break out of NYC, I was wondering about the status of the Rock Wall. I know my kids, 8, 11, 14 were really looking forward to it, but I see it has been closed for some time now.

Just wondering what week is spring break in NYC. We're going on the Gem, leaving April 15th. We have three grandchildren who are also looking forward to the rock wall. I read that the scrubbers were finished, I wonder why the wall isn't opened yet.

Just wondering what week is spring break in NYC. We're going on the Gem, leaving April 15th. We have three grandchildren who are also looking forward to the rock wall. I read that the scrubbers were finished, I wonder why the wall isn't opened yet.

For the first time all 5 of my grandchildren are off the same week here in New Jersey. They live and go to school in 3 different counties. They are all in elementary or middle schools.

They are off from today, April 3rd and do not return to school until Monday April 13, 2014.

Not sure when New York children are off???

Google is your friend - a quick search showed me this week (April 6th) is spring break for nyc public schools.

We are in nj, and for some reason our town has break the following week. We're the only one in our county.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...