Carnival "Personal Vacation Planner" Call

RobinKY

Unfortunately Carnival will not talk to you if youu booked with a travel agent.

They are paying the travel agent a commission to take care of you.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I did call Carnival to ask what I needed to do to get my account back to them because I couldn't even pay my final payment online myself so I went to AAA office and they closed at 1pm and now are not open till Monday :-( Going to get it switched back to Carnival and just ask for a new PVP if I can. Guess I should have asked more questions when she was talking me into switching to them. I wouldn't mind having them but not if it means I loose control of my own account, she didn't tell me I would have to make payments through them and also can't do my own forms when I see a price drop. Live and learn. It was much easier for them to get control of my account then it is for me to get it back. Have to get a letter from Manager on their letter head releasing it back to me. All they did was make a phone call to get the control!

I use the same TA in our town that you do. I have never had a problem that I had to call Carnival (fingers crossed).

Lucky you, I've had 2 already. Biggest issue was I went onto my page to make final payment for May 31st cruise and the option was gone. I called Carnival and they said it was because I turned my account over to a TA and now have to make payments through them...HUH??? They didn't tell me that. I was under the impression they were just there if I needed help and was hoping for a more pleasant experience than I had been getting lately from our PVP. Maybe I haven't given it a chance but at least with a PVP I had control of my own bookings and could choose to talk to her or 1-800. Hope you keep having good luck.

I went on my first cruise last year, so much of this is still new to me. But I Have a few dumb questions. First, are PVP's employees of Carnival? If so, what's the difference in calling them and calling the 800 number? Are you required to ask for a PVP in order to acquire one? And what is usually the best method to use if you want to take advantage of price drops, upgrades, etc.. The 800 number, PVP, or travel agent?

On our cruise from last year. We went with some friends that have been on a few cruises and they had a TA that they've used before. She was very helpful and several weeks later I noticed online that there had been a price drop. She was able to upgrade me to a balcony for the price that I had already paid. And I was able to make my payments through the Carnival website. But that lady is no longer a TA and we're considering another cruise this here. So I'm not sure which route to take.

I've been looking for about a week... sometimes I log in and sometimes I do a check as a "newbie", just to see if there is a deal for past guests. Most of the time there is no deal.

Got the call from a PVP last night. Unfortunately, I told him I was just looking. As soon as I hung up, dh asked why I didn't book anything! Sigh - going to have to check them out again and make some plans....

BTW, my old PVP has moved on... this new caller is not someone I am familiar with. But, my old PVP did let me know of deals that I was not aware of. We once booked one week different than the week we reserved just to get some OBC and reduced fare.

Interesting. I'm on Carnival website all the time, trolling for deals. Never once had a call from them.

Same here. After multiple cruises, most booked through Carnival website, and countless visits to website, we have never been contacted by a PVP.