Studio Cabin

travelmoxie

Hi all!

I'm excited to read all the great reviews on the Studio cabins on the Getaway. I'm sailing with a group of runners in Feb 2016, and I'm contemplating booking one of these and enjoying having my own space rather than having to find a travel partner.

Just wondering - how quickly do they book up? Are they popular or not so much?

Thanks!

Thanks!

A lot of studios have connecting doors, so check that out if you want to be separate but close to a friend. The webpage shows floor plans. Rooms with double-arrows indicate connecting rooms.

Studios are smaller than inside staterooms and have less storage space. But for the price, can't be beat!

I can't tell you how fast they fill up but I just booked one two weeks ago for my Epic cruise next month. I originally booked a balcony with my daughter, her husband and my grandson. We are family so we thought it would be fine squeezing all four of us into one cabin plus we booked during the kids sail free promotion. I had it in my head all along to wait until after final payment then look at prices again. That's exactly what I did and I got a good deal on my studio. There were still about a dozen left for my sailing when I booked. I can hardly wait to have my own nest. My sister loved her studio on the Getaway last year and said that is the only way she will ever cruise again.

I loved my studio on the Getaway last year. On my sailing they were full but this area of the ship is very quiet. Also enjoyed the ability to go get water, juice or a little snack at any time in the Lounge without having to go far.

I have booked connecting Studios for my son and I on the Getaway in September. We didn't really want to share a cabin so this option will give us each our own space. :)

Deb

Watch prices. On a cruise I have booked in the fall, the insides were cheaper than the studio. Although maybe not all the perks of a studio, you get more space. I have a friend who booked a studio cabin and as the date got closer, prices dropped. She ended up with a balcony cabin.

Watch prices. On a cruise I have booked in the fall, the insides were cheaper than the studio. Although maybe not all the perks of a studio, you get more space. I have a friend who booked a studio cabin and as the date got closer, prices dropped. She ended up with a balcony cabin.

Thanks. I usually do watch prices. Given that we are sailing in prime time I'm not terribly optimistic I will do as well as your friend, but a lower price would be great.

• 1 month later...
I loved my studio on the Getaway last year. On my sailing they were full but this area of the ship is very quiet. Also enjoyed the ability to go get water, juice or a little snack at any time in the Lounge without having to go far.

I have booked connecting Studios for my son and I on the Getaway in September. We didn't really want to share a cabin so this option will give us each our own space. :)

Deb

I'm interested if yall use the connecting door. Haha. I would prefer it not be there. It just lets noise through, even closed.

I'm interested if yall use the connecting door. Haha. I would prefer it not be there. It just lets noise through, even closed.

Ha, Ha...my guess is probably not but it was available so we took it. Better we have it and not use it than 2 strangers having it and not being happy about it.:D

I have one booked for May 30th. A co-worker has booked them before and was happy.

Unless there are some BIG price drops I will stay with this. An OV is almost double the Studio.

I had one on the Epic in January and it was very comfortable. The price was great as were all the perks for solo travelers. I would book again in a heart beat, except the freestyle choice offer didn't get you the UBP for a studio. You had to have an OV or above to qualify. The savings on that made the OV come out cheaper. You need to check prices and promotions before you decide. Other than that the studios are a great deal!

I am in a studio on The Epic in May so I will report back and let you know. I got a fantastic price as it was only $479 (without taxes) and now with almost 30 days left it is up to $1229!! All that is left on the ship are insides cabins which just have 24 more square feet and the studios. Everything else is sold out and now the inside is a little cheaper than the studios. I have never seen cabin prices going up instead of down when you are almost 30 days from sailing. Have no idea if this is a NCL thing or not but so glad that I grabbed mine when I did.