Category Sold Out/Not Available?

mmills06

Hello all, we are planning our first cruise on NCL and I had a question. I booked last weekend (trying to get the Choice and reduced deposits) and did not know yet if the whole family could go. I booked an Oceanview Guarantee on the Getaway, December 6th. I went back today to try to upgrade to the Family Oceanview and it is Sold Out/Not Available. There were 15 available last weekend! Frustrating! I know, I know, I should have booked the cabin I wanted at the time it was available but my question to you all is do these categories ever open back up or should I assume that it is sold out for good? Any way I can be on like a waiting list for a paid upgrade to that category? Thanks!

I also had this problem before, but that is because I was trying to book online...I had to call NCL to book my room because they have more accurate information on a cabins availability, than what is shown online. The room that was showing sold out online, actually had two cabins still available. Come to think of it, this has happened twice to me. Good luck

I also had this problem before, but that is because I was trying to book online...I had to call NCL to book my room because they have more accurate information on a cabins availability, than what is shown online. The room that was showing sold out online, actually had two cabins still available. Come to think of it, this has happened twice to me. Good luck

Hmm, so there may still be a chance haha. Did you just call in the standard NCL reservations number? Everyone on here refers to a PVP but I dont think I have one.

I always find what I want online ( or at least a general idea) and then call NCL. The reps are usually very helpful and can do a bit more ( such as see cabins blocked out online) You can just call the 800#

When I booked the Star online, website said the DOS was unavailable. I called and there was actually one left. NCL doesn't have a wait list, but people do sometimes cancel before or on PIF date, so even if there's none a available now, one could still open up.

Another problem that sometimes arises is that cruisers are looking at potential bookings and they'll click on a particular cabin, checking to see what the cost will be. This takes that cabin out of circulation for the moment while the person makes up their mind. If the person backs out to do another search or exits the site, the cabin shows up available again.

Also....can't folks hold a cabin for 24 hours while they consider and make up their minds about a cabin?

Maybe some were being held and would open back up.

TA's and individuals can put a stateroom on hold.

Other suggestion-is there a possibility to go on a waitlist for the stateroom you are looking for?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I did call in earlier to ask about availability for the cabin category and they said that it was in fact all sold out. There is no "waiting list" for certain categories, just the guarantees. Just now, I was looking online at the cruise and saw that the category was available again! I tried to click through to booking and it said "error: no longer available" so I called in again and the rep said that the website inventory is delayed from what they see. Oh well, missed it again! I guess the answer is to just keep checking and get lucky. Thanks again everyone for the input!