Concierge. What Concierge?

tallyho8

Unless this has changed...

I've gotten an extra point for booking a suite through CAS and it was comped.

Harriet

I think they are meaning if you get the suite through an upsell you don't get suite points. As long as you book the suite directly, you get suite perks regardless of how much you paid.

I think they are meaning if you get the suite through an upsell you don't get suite points. As long as you book the suite directly, you get suite perks regardless of how much you paid.

Oh, I knew that but I thought they were talking about booking the suite directly. Thanks!

Anytime you 'upgrade' from what is comped to you....you only get whatever perks/points that you would have gotten with the comped room....not the upsell or upgrade.

Harriet

I haven't received the concierge phone number in the Platinum packet since February 2012.

Even then it wasn't the number to their handheld, but a number to a desk somewhere. ;)

NCL really needs to remove this from the list of Platinum Perks as they don't want you to take advantage of it.

(In all fairness, there are so many Platinum cruisers on each ship now, that if they all had concierge access, the poor concierge would be pulled in a million directions.)

I agree that this Platinum perk probably needs to be removed from the list since our packet does not include the concierge info and if we do contact the concierge and request something we are sometimes not served, or are told we are not in a suite, or otherwise put off. I agree there are too many platinum members for a concierge to try to serve. So concierge service is not truly a perk for platinum members.

Even though concierge service is a platinum perk, most concierge's don't want to have anything to do with you unless you are a VIP (suite guest or otherwise designated). I suspect it's because they don't have time for you and they won't have many chances to have face to face contact with you thereby little chance of receiving a tip.

Keep spewing your usual incorrect crap. This frees up the concierge to assist those of us that truly enjoy NCL and all that is offered to appreciative passengers.

We have always found a letter in our stateroom with the concierge's number included. We have been Platinum since 2000 and have enjoyed the concierge's services even before we became Platinum.