Renting a car in Miami and driving to Fort Lauderale

robin32470

Hi all, our plans were to get a hotel room in Miami on Saturday night and then going back to airport in morning and taking a $70 shuttle to Port Everglades Sunday morning. Well I found we can rent a car for $35 in Miami airport and drop off at Fort Lauderdale airport on Sunday morning and take a $15-$20 taxi ride to the Port Sunday morning. At least this way if we want to get something to eat or drive around Miami a bit Saturday night or Fort Lauderdale Sunday morning we can without having to worry about someone else driving us and not being able to make any stops. Our flight doesn't get in until after 10pm Saturday night so we'll probably run thru a drive thru that night & then to the hotel to crash. Unless anyone has an opinions on what we could do that late or early Sunday morning before dropping off our rental car?

DH and I have done that many times.

If you're looking for fun you could drive to South Beach - their nightlife is fun and you could almost stay out all night. I usually prefer to just go to the hotel and crash because I like to be on the ship first so that I can start to enjoy my vacation.

Hi all, our plans were to get a hotel room in Miami on Saturday night and then going back to airport in morning and taking a $70 shuttle to Port Everglades Sunday morning. Well I found we can rent a car for $35 in Miami airport and drop off at Fort Lauderdale airport on Sunday morning and take a $15-$20 taxi ride to the Port Sunday morning. At least this way if we want to get something to eat or drive around Miami a bit Saturday night or Fort Lauderdale Sunday morning we can without having to worry about someone else driving us and not being able to make any stops. Our flight doesn't get in until after 10pm Saturday night so we'll probably run thru a drive thru that night & then to the hotel to crash. Unless anyone has an opinions on what we could do that late or early Sunday morning before dropping off our rental car?

Miami doesn't sleep. Drive around and look at the Art Decor buildings. Check with your rental car company, a lot of times they have a free shuttle to the port, at least MIA does, not sure about FLL.

If you book Thrifty from MIA to Port Everglades (not the airport)

They have an office right out front of the gate, with a shuttle, that will drop you off at the cruise ship

Edited by jonbgd

We did this last November, we rented a car for $45.00 one way, we drove all around Fort Lauderdale, had lunch at the boardwalk. It was nice.