Getting from HOU to Galveston

We will be flying into Hobby Airport in Houston and need to get to Galveston. It looks like the best/cheapest way is just a plain old cab, but thought I would ask in case someone knew something I didn't.

We will be flying into Hobby Airport in Houston and need to get to Galveston. It looks like the best/cheapest way is just a plain old cab, but thought I would ask in case someone knew something I didn't.

You may also want to post your question in the Gulf Coast Depatures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

Depends how many person, Blue Van might be cheaper.

We took a shuttle service and it worked really well and was less expensive than a taxi. Can't remember the name of it, though. We teemed up with other cruisers and had limo service back to Hobby.

If we ever get up the nerve to cruise back to Galveston (due to the horrible experience we had getting through customs) we'll do the shuttle route again.

We were on Navigator 6 weeks ago out of Galveston. We arrived the night before and stayed in the IAH Marriott Hotel. Then we went back to the airport on departure day and went to baggage claim area and caught the RCI transfer to Gal. Easy peesy... Should be the same at Hobby.

The shuttle service offered by RC is affordable. And, you're guaranteed to get onboard the ship no matter what because RC is responsible to get you to the port! Note: RC told us that we could book their transfer service only if we flew in the day of embarkation. We flew in a few days early anyway, and just showed up at the designated time at Hobby airport. Piece of cake!