Progressive cruise check-in?

Loggerhead

Check out http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/. It clearly indicates ID and Cruise docs required. Quote "Have your cruise documents and government-issued photo ID (driver's license or passport) ready when arriving at the Port's security checkpoint." The flashing sign as you approch the gate says the same thing. Traffic is the reason for any delay.

And on another page for embarking passengers (http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/arriving-and-departing/) is says:

• Bring government-issued photo ID. Anyone18-years-old and older must produce a government-issued photo ID at the security checkpoint.
  • Keep identification and cruise documents handy. Put them in your carry-on bag. Do not pack them in your luggage. You will need to produce these documents several times before boarding your ship.

We had a friend pick us up at the ship in February and he did not have any cruise documents. ;)

I can't recall when I even needed to show a boarding pass when checking in, they usually just take passport/id and work off that (various other cruise lines, no experience with RC yet).

I agree that traffic may cause delays entering the port but our post I responded too seemed to indicate that the id check causes delays when arriving by taxi whilst transfers wouldn't; traffic should affect both equally.

Edited by Boytjie

We entered three times in the Jan-Feb 2015 - twice in our car and once on foot. Each time, consistent with the web page and the flashing sign, we showed our passport cards and cruise documents/card. Each time they were inspected and compared to our ID. I am sure there is a different process for people entering to pick someone up, make deliveries, etc. I did not cover those situations since they did not apply to the OP's situation. I know the process is different when using transfers and I noted that in my original post.

I entered 3 weeks ago in Fort Lauderdale only using my passport (my boarding papers were already with my wife in the terminal). I was very late at arriving for the ship by car there were no questions asked.