Any Guinness on board ???

pattymo

Guinness is the only beer that doesn't hurt my husbands throat ( post radiation to his mouth/throat ) , that he's able to get down . We will be on Europe trip out of Venice on the Jàde ..Any chance of Guinness ? Or could I possibly request it before the cruise, for them to,stock it ?? Not talking a big consumption. Just a beer a day if that. .We have the UBP so maybe there's something similar and less toxic to his throat ?

Guinness is the only beer that doesn't hurt my husbands throat ( post radiation to his mouth/throat ) , that he's able to get down . We will be on Europe trip out of Venice on the Jàde ..Any chance of Guinness ? Or could I possibly request it before the cruise, for them to,stock it ?? Not talking a big consumption. Just a beer a day if that. .We have the UBP so maybe there's something similar and less toxic to his throat ?

I don't remember seeing regular Guinness stout, but they do have the Guinness Foreign Extra stout.

6&8

All the Guinness I seen on the Dawn (2013) and the Star (2014) was the bottles with the yellow label. Extra Stout I believe it was called and it was 7.5% abv, if I remember correctly.

It was quite disappointing. It tasted nothing like that the draught I know and love.

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout is the version that was brewed for export in the 1800's, so had a higher ABV and was more heavily hopped to preserve it for the long sea journey.

It is the version that is now brewed and consumed in Asia, Africa and the Caribbean, but can be found in the UK if you drink in the right places.

However you are right, it tastes nothing like ordinary Guinness.