1st time gay cruiser, going solo

mgill1974

Hi everyone. I'm new here, planning on taking my 1st ever cruise and doing it solo. I'm a 41 male, live in Dallas, TX tend to enjoy an older crowd, looking to book with Pied Piper. I do 90% of my land travel solo, it's my preferred way to travel unless I have a partner which I don't at the time. Any thoughts, tips, advice?

Hi everyone. I'm new here, planning on taking my 1st ever cruise and doing it solo. I'm a 41 male, live in Dallas, TX tend to enjoy an older crowd, looking to book with Pied Piper. I do 90% of my land travel solo, it's my preferred way to travel unless I have a partner which I don't at the time. Any thoughts, tips, advice?

Take a Holland America cruise there are lots of more mature people and straight people can be fun for short periods of time..:)

Dennis

Jacksonville

About to take my 59th cruise

• 1 month later...

Hey, Dallas! Fort Worth here. I've never booked with anything like Pied Piper (my husband has an almost fetishistic knack for getting deals; he's like my own travel agent) but we've sailed plenty of times on Celebrity, which we really like. We like the atmosphere: mature crowd, enriching activities, great ports of call, etc. We're headed to Istanbul, Greece, and Croatia later this year on Celebrity. Celebrity usually does a GLBT/FOD sort of thing in a bar, which can be a great way to meet fellow travelers. Made many friends over the years that way.

Is the purpose of your holiday to mix with gay people? If so then going with a gay group is probably the way to go.

Otherwise, consider booking a cruise that might best suit your tastes, budget and travel interest. From what I've seen you often don't get the best deal through special interest cruising groups.

I'm partial to Princess and Cunard when it comes to cruising. I've found the evening FOD meets at 5pm each night in the Commodore Club to be wonderful. LGBTI meets on Princess have been virtually non existent in my (Australia/NZ focused cruising with Princess) experience.

Otherwise' date=' consider booking a cruise that might best suit your tastes, budget and travel interest. From what I've seen you often don't get the best deal through special interest cruising groups. [/quote']

In my experience, with groups like Pied Piper and Aquafest, you usually get great deals because they are booking many cabins for their group and the cruise line gives them a break. In any case, you get the same great deal the cruise company is offering directly or through other travel agents. It's the full-ship charters where you often pay more than an ordinary cruise. And if you book with Pied Piper, you have some connections automatically.

Welcome to the addictive world of cruising. Let us know how you do with Pied Piper, as I would be curious. What line will you be sailing, and where will you be going?

I sailed my first solo cruise on my go-to line, NCL. I had a blast. I was in a studio cabin on Epic, and Norwegian makes an effort to get the gays together. I have four more solo cruises booked, so I guess I had a good time.

Cheers!

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser