Norwegian vs Royal Caribbean?

jojokay

I want to book either Norwegian or Royal Caribbean since they both have a drink package promotion currently. I haven't been on either line. I would appreciate any feedback anyone has comparing the two cruise lines if you've been on both. Thanks!

I've been on both.

They're both nice cruise lines. Royal Caribbean is slightly more upmarket, and I regard NCL as "cheap and cheerful".

The food on Royal Caribbean is slightly better, although neither is bad. Royal Caribbean tend to give better food in the main dining room, whereas NCL's main dining room food is acceptable, the best stuff is found at the paid restaurants.

Also, NCL don't have the stupid hanky-waving dance on the last night. I'm easily embarrassed, and hate it when at the end of the final night's dinner, Royal Caribbean waiters parade through the dining room to the tune of

If there's no price difference, I'd rather go for Royal, but if it's more than £200 on the cost of a trip, I'd go for NCL.

You'll enjoy them both!

We have cruised Royal and NCL, but to compare it would be helpful to know which ships you would like to compare. I CAN tell you from our experience we found both cruise lines to be excellent! We preferred our dinners on NCL, ate each evening on the specialty restaurants, which were fabulous!! Cagney's was comparable to Ruth's Chirs. On the other hand, we liked RCCL's buffet for breakfast, but both cruise lines' had very good breakfasts in their MDRs. You inquired about beverages and I really liked RCCL's mixed drinks better and thought their service at the bars was better. Like I stated earlier, though, it would be helpful to know what ships you are considering. We did the Getaway and Oasis. With that info, others can advise about dining, activities offered, shows, pools/slides, spa, etc. so much to compare when making a decision!