Majesty Deli/Mexican Restaurant?

I have read on a couple of other threads that the Compass Deli on Majesty now turns into a Mexican restaurant at night. I can't find anything about this on the website.

Has anyone ate there personally? What is available and what hours are they open?

We are booked on Majesty twice between now and her last voyage and would love more details about this if anyone has them. Thank you!

Surely someone has ate there or atleast looked into it while onboard? I did hear there is an extra fee to eat there and that is seemed to take the place of the Taste of Tuscany. Anyone?

We didn't eat there in the evening and it's $12 a head.

The Deli is open from noon to 5 and is free.

Thank you for your reply!

Do you happen to know what is included for the twelve dollars each?

We are familiar with the deli as it has been there the other times we have sailed but are specifically interested in the Mexican available there after the deli closes. Thank you!

Sorry but I can't help you there. Just glanced at the menu. It's called Cocina Mexicana from 6:30 to11:00

We ate in the Deli several times for a late lunch and the crepes.

Very surprised that most people don't know about the deli.

I consider it better than the Windjammer on this ship.

We were on Majesty last month and my DH and I ate at the Mexican restaurant all 3 nights. They have a pretty small menu but it's all you can eat. They also bring you as much chips and salsa/guacamole that you want. They have several types of guacamole to choose from and maybe a few different salsas but I don't remember for sure. I'm vegetarian and they were able to accommodate that despite not having any vegetarian entrees on the menu. Also, my DH and I like our food very spicy and the second night our guacamole was to die for (as we had asked for it to be made extra spicy) and it's what lured us back to eat there for the third night. However, the guacamole was very different the third night when we requested it extra spicy and our waiter told us there was a different chef that night.

They have a few dessert options as well. We got the churro the first night and it was incredible. We were too full the other two nights to get dessert so that's all we experienced from the dessert menu. I can't remember what else they offered but I would imagine they have some sort of tres leches as is typical of Mexican restaurants.

Obviously, we really enjoyed it, but my DH and I are huge Mexican food fans and prefer that over most other types of food. Also, we made reservations the first two nights but decided not to bother on the third night as it was never very crowded when we were there. We went around 8:00-8:30 every night and one of the nights (can't remember which) we were the only ones there.

It opens at 6:30 pm and is $12 pp. There was no Taste of Tuscany on this sailing (not sure if they got rid of it for good but it kinda seems like it) but there was Chef's Table on night 2.

I hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you have any more and I'll do my best to answer.

We were on Majesty last month and my DH and I ate at the Mexican restaurant all 3 nights. They have a pretty small menu but it's all you can eat. They also bring you as much chips and salsa/guacamole that you want. They have several types of guacamole to choose from and maybe a few different salsas but I don't remember for sure. I'm vegetarian and they were able to accommodate that despite not having any vegetarian entrees on the menu. Also, my DH and I like our food very spicy and the second night our guacamole was to die for (as we had asked for it to be made extra spicy) and it's what lured us back to eat there for the third night. However, the guacamole was very different the third night when we requested it extra spicy and our waiter told us there was a different chef that night.

They have a few dessert options as well. We got the churro the first night and it was incredible. We were too full the other two nights to get dessert so that's all we experienced from the dessert menu. I can't remember what else they offered but I would imagine they have some sort of tres leches as is typical of Mexican restaurants.

Obviously, we really enjoyed it, but my DH and I are huge Mexican food fans and prefer that over most other types of food. Also, we made reservations the first two nights but decided not to bother on the third night as it was never very crowded when we were there. We went around 8:00-8:30 every night and one of the nights (can't remember which) we were the only ones there.

It opens at 6:30 pm and is $12 pp. There was no Taste of Tuscany on this sailing (not sure if they got rid of it for good but it kinda seems like it) but there was Chef's Table on night 2.

I hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you have any more and I'll do my best to answer.

Yes that was very helpful! Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to know more about the Chef's Table

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to know more about the Chef's Table

We have never done Chef's Table so I can't tell you much about it. I know it is a pre-fix menu and each course is paired with a different wine. There are quite a few courses - 6-8 if I'm not mistaken. I know you need reservations but I'm not sure if you can sign up ahead of time or if you have to wait until you're on board.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

• 6 months later...

Chefs table on Majesty is 75 (special of 60 on the first night). You book when you board. I posted the 9/11 menu on the thread asking for 3 day compasses. It was 5 courses and well worth the money. The menus also include the mexican. Menu as well