UBP Question

I'm

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I could not find it answered anywhere. I recently booked a cruise on the Getaway through Costco Travel and they included the UBP with 15% gratuities. I have seen conflicting post about the UBP not including gratuities and that they automatically add 18% for every transaction. Can someone explain how gratuities work with the UBP? Did the gratuities recently go up from 15% to 18%? Will I have to pay anything when I order a drink. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I could not find it answered anywhere. I recently booked a cruise on the Getaway through Costco Travel and they included the UBP with 15% gratuities. I have seen conflicting post about the UBP not including gratuities and that they automatically add 18% for every transaction. Can someone explain how gratuities work with the UBP? Did the gratuities recently go up from 15% to 18%? Will I have to pay anything when I order a drink. Thanks in advance.

I've seen conflicting answers to this as well. The contract associated with ubp seems to indicate you won't be charged the gratuity. My suggestion is to print that out and bring it on board with you in case you need it.

You will not be charged additional gratuities. The UBP includes them whether you receive the package as a promotional item (as you have) or you purchase the package.

You will see 18% gratuity appear on the drink ticket the bartender gives you, but you will not be charged for this. You can, of course, tip additional in cash, or by adding an extra amount to the ticket.

You will not be charged additional gratuities. The UBP includes them whether you receive the package as a promotional item (as you have) or you purchase the package.

You will see 18% gratuity appear on the drink ticket the bartender gives you, but you will not be charged for this. You can, of course, tip additional in cash, or by adding an extra amount to the ticket.

Hola Triptolemus

Thanks for the info,i just got my UBP and iwas asking the same ?

I booked through Costco in January for a sail on the epic 3/1. That was the first day new pricing and increase in gratuity. I did not have to pay the 3% extra as the ubp was free. When you're on board u can order any drink up to $11. If it's over that u pay the extra. There were maybe 3 wines out of nearly 30 that we're over 11 and the only liquor is jw blue label

I booked through Costco in January for a sail on the epic 3/1. That was the first day new pricing and increase in gratuity. I did not have to pay the 3% extra as the ubp was free. When you're on board u can order any drink up to $11. If it's over that u pay the extra. There were maybe 3 wines out of nearly 30 that we're over 11 and the only liquor is jw blue label

Actually, it's my understanding that you will be charged the whole amount if it's over the limit, not just the difference.

On our last night, we ate in Cagney's (we had both the UBP and the UDP) and we were charged for the drinks as I had a cocktail and DW had a soda and both were charged on my card. It was a mistake, but we let it go as our on board bill was about $970 and it was easier than standing in line for an hour instead of debarking - we had a 10 hour drive!

If it's over that u pay the extra. There were maybe 3 wines out of nearly 30 that we're over 11 and the only liquor is jw blue label
There are other spirits over $11, such as Rémy Martin XO cognac ($15 last month, probably more now). I believe some of the single malts whiskies go over $11, too.

Did you actually buy a drink over $11, and they only charged you the difference? Was it just the menu price difference or the difference + 18% tip?

Just the menu price difference. If they ring it up properly the ring in the drink then there's a $11 credit added. If they don't do it that way u will b charged the full amount. And yes, one or two of the cognacs is also over $11

Hi.

Currently onboard. I bought UBP when it was 15% grats but now it's 18% as shown on my onboard receipts but I'm not paying any more as it was 15% at purchase.

All prices have gone up. But we are getting any base price drink under $11.

My grey goose and mixer is just under add 18% and it's over $11 but as base price is under $11 it's ok. :)

Just the menu price difference. If they ring it up properly the ring in the drink then there's a $11 credit added. If they don't do it that way u will b charged the full amount.
Thank you! That is very useful to know, I don't think they used to allow that option.