Caye Caulker??

katie92

We are 2 families with 4 kids ranging ages 4-8, sailing in Oct, RCCL Explorer. we were trying to find a tour that we can do in Belize but none of the cruise tours seemed too appealing or do able with young kids. I have been reading the posts and Caye Caulker seems like an option. I have looked at the Beach tour that Coral Breezes offers as a possiblity. From what I have been reading one of the better places to swim is "the split" Is this a beach? Has anyone been on this tour that can provide more details? Any information would be appreciated..Thanks

I've heard from the boards that this beach has alot to offer...shopping, beach, resturants, etc. I too am thinking about booking with Coral Breeze to do the Shark Ray Alley with Caye Caulker. It offers two stops to snorkel (swimming with the string rays is LOTS of fun and very safe). Then they take you to the beach for lunch and fun. $69 per adult - not bad!

Here is a link to the pics, just the first page is Caye (key) Caulker.

http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=cjalphonso&P=&AID=1191751&T=1

No sloping beach, no resorts. very primative. Very nice but may get boring for youngsters. You could rent a golf cart and go exploring the island. Small village with local trinkets and stuff. It's pretty far away from where the ship docs too, like an hour by high speed boat. The picture PA270065 is of the bar at the split, and the picture PA270101 is the split and the only way on the whole island to walk into the water, looks more like an old boat ramp than a beach. All the pics on the first page are of the snorkelling we did at the split, pretty good but not great and there is a current you have to fight. Hope this helps.

Katie,

You can catch the water taxi, which is a 5 minute walk from where the ship docks. It take 45 minutes to get to CC. The cost is $17.50/ pp round trip. It's a nice ride on the water. There are small beaches where you can swim besides the split. There are nice restaurants (good food) and a number of gift shops. I highly recommend doing this trip. :)

When we booked with Coral Breeze they had engine problems and showed up late..........I wouldnt recommend them

I have also been looking at tours to do in Belize. I find it strange that 'made in usa' would not respond to questions about a quote they sent in on Sept. 8,2005 , at which time they were unhappy with the Coral Breeze cave tour.Yet still, they subsequently went back a second time to do the Coral Breeze snorkeling tour and again seemed unhappy. This would appear to be a very abnormal situation.

Other than the two comments by 'made in usa' I have read nothing but excellent reviews concerning this tour company.

This is a great forum to read what the private tour companies have offered guests. Don't hesitate to spend some time reading reviews that go back a few months. :)

Happy sailing!!

Archived