Thomson "Splendour" Video Tour

Here is a video of Royal Caribbean's Splendour of the Seas shortly after her refurbishment a couple of years ago....

It will be interesting to see which of the onboard concepts and venues stay with the ship when she moves to Thomson, what will be removed and what will be added.

Here is a video of Royal Caribbean's Splendour of the Seas shortly after her refurbishment a couple of years ago....

It will be interesting to see which of the onboard concepts and venues stay with the ship when she moves to Thomson, what will be removed and what will be added.

Thanks for that - very interesting and a lovely looking ship and certainly a significant step up in terms of the current fleet. As you say it will be interesting to see how Thomson make of it. We've been asking for improved hardware let's hope they don't scrimp on the software now.

It is a nice ship, well ahead and above anything that Thomson have currently on offer.

It is hoped that they get their staffing agency to take the finger out and offer a service that is expected on this new product.

Putting it simply, with new ships like this, they have to improve. the days of budget cruises are over for Thomson.

With other cruise companies offering discounts, Thomson have to improve.

Their current product is not fit for purpose.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is beautiful, and kind, and very very aware that some posters are jealous of her.

The first one was the Emerald, and eight Thomson cruises later I do believe that I can comment on their product.

On occasion, When one books a late Thomson Cruise it can cost as little as a weekend away at a country house hotel. But you cannot expect the same style.

You take it as it is.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is very much a seasoned Cruiser

On occasion, When one books a late Thomson Cruise it can cost as little as a weekend away at a country house hotel. But you cannot expect the same style.

You take it as it is

ah yes... now known as boutique hotels...i quite like magnolia paint and acres of laminate floorings too:p... trouble is? most country houses have been converted into care homes now... and they cost an arm and leg :rolleyes::)

It looks lovely.

Hopefully this is the start of something good.

I think it is a really nice looking ship, especially like the 'sky bar' at the top. Reminds of Destiny's.

Hi Lynn, Ocean Village 2, Majesty twice and this will be our fourth time on the Dream. Looking forward to maybe going on the Splendour next year.:)

I hope you enjoy the splendour.

Although I have not cruised on her, I did the maiden voyage on her sister ship legend of the Seas, and sailed on her three times in total. Its nice, but small by todays ship standards.

I did caribbean, hawaii and Alaska on legend.

Also 18 other RCCL cruises.

Have been on HAL, Carnival, P&O, and Princess.

Have also been on Airtours and Thomson which I enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know about this until this evening and am really pleased.

We loved our Thomson Majesty trip, but despite the lack of balcony (and a few other minor bits and bobs about the ship) mean that although we would 100% go back, it would have to be for a bargain price.

I expect they may charge more for SOTS, and that's ok because we are happy to pay more for some better/glitzier facilities, and a balcony! As long as they keep the Majesty et al because I do love a bargain.

I just think fancy ship, Thomson cruise style, and regional flights, could be a very good combination. If NCL sell the Spirit I hope Thomson take that too (I think it is a cousin of the Majesty anyway so it would fit)