Comparing ship Freedom/Liberty/Adventure?

Hello! I hope that you insightful people might be able to help me.

Background on me: I have cruised once with Royal before for our honeymoon in 2013 on the Allure. We are looking now at summer 2016 and very excited that they finally released a schedule!! When looking for a ship we are looking for fun activities, night life and over all appearance. We are not much into paying extra for food so the food venues do not make much of a difference for us.

With that being said some cruises that we are looking at are: The Liberty out of Texas, The Freedom out of Florida, and the Adventure out of Peutro rico. I have started doing some research on the different ships and I can not find any huge difference between them. This is what I have come up with.

The Freedom and the Liberty are both in the Freedom class and are identical ships. They are mini versions of the Oasis class. They both have solarium, flowrider, rockwall, ice rink, mini golf, boxing rink. They both have dinning room, windjammer, Jade (this is free?), promenade cafe, Website says that updates to stateroom are coming soon. When?

For the Adventure it is in the Voyager class and it seems to be the same as the Freedom class again but just a bit smaller. Still has solarium, rockwall, ice rink, mini golf, basketball, ** no flowrider** Food wise they have the same free options (do they have a pizza place like sorentos on the Allure/Freedom?). It says on the website that the staterooms have been update with flat screens and such.

So my question is what do you think of these ships? How are the staterooms? How is the ship? Do you like the layouts? This may seem like a crazy question but what kind of tables are on the balconies? On the Allure it was a small table up it was regular height so we could eat breakfast out there. Which was one of our favorite things the whole trip! Is there anything that you should add that I should know about any of these ships?

Thanks for you help and sorry about the book I just wrote lol

Edited by couple_cruisers

I found airfare expensive and a heck of a time to work out flight schedules to San Juan . We live in California So we chose Freedom for the second time . Love the Caribbean .

So look and see what works best for you. All are wonderful

We've spent a total of 30 days on Adventure, two weeks in the Caribbean and 16 days in the Med. I love the layout of the ship, very easy to get around. She was in refit last year and got the way finders and flat screens. While the public areas are really nice the staterooms are needing a little up dating. The table on the balcony is low. I still love Adventure and would travel on her again. Enjoy which ever you choose, you can't go wrong.

I found airfare expensive and a heck of a time to work out flight schedules to San Juan . We live in California So we chose Freedom for the second time . Love the Caribbean .

So look and see what works best for you. All are wonderful

I was able to find airfare from Colorado to San Juan for just $340/ person. I booked the flights in January for a trip in August (so about 8 months ahead of time). I kept an eye on orices and just 2 months later the cost went up to $712/person. So I think it just takes some planning really far in advance. In our case, it was cheaper at the time to fly to San Juan than to Orlando. Hotels in San Juan were cheaper as well. However, 2 months after we booked, the Florida options became cheaper. Florida has a constant flow of tourists because of Disney, so the prices don't seem to fluctuate as much as they are for Puerto Rico. Our cruise out of Puerto Rico is still costing us less than a cruise out of Florida, but that's only because we booked in advance. If we booked today (5 months ahead) the Florida cruise would be cheaper than the current prices for San Juan.

Edited by ColoradoGurl