New cruise director schedule

amy2313

I feel a little like John Heald answering all these requests. Who knew that Carnival would be so slow in posting this tentative schedule. This thread had slipped down to page 3 or 4 and might have faded away, making my life easier, but once I post, its back to page one. Oh well, here you go:

Valor 8/22 & 9/19 - Schedule shows Gary Brierley filling in for Cory Roger's vacation, but Cory has moved to the Miracle ,so this may be wrong.

Elation Sept. - Steve Knisley

Hi-thanks for checking on these for us! Due to a family emergency, we may have to delay our current Conquest 4/4 cruise until June.

Can you let me know who is set to be CD on the Conquest for the 6/21 and 7/4 sailings and also the Breeze 6/20 sailing? We loved Mike Pack on the Legend as Asst CD, and were hoping to sail with him again. Didn't know if he was scheduled for vacation in June/July. If so, we might go Breeze which is why I asked about that as well :)

Hi-thanks for checking on these for us! Due to a family emergency, we may have to delay our current Conquest 4/4 cruise until June.

Can you let me know who is set to be CD on the Conquest for the 6/21 and 7/4 sailings and also the Breeze 6/20 sailing? We loved Mike Pack on the Legend as Asst CD, and were hoping to sail with him again. Didn't know if he was scheduled for vacation in June/July. If so, we might go Breeze which is why I asked about that as well :)

Mike Pack returns from vacation on 6/13 and stays on the Conquest thru 10/12. Breeze on 6/20 should be Matt Mitcham.

I can verify that the Victory comment is correct... I contacted Marcelo to see if he would be our cruise director (we sail 5/2-5/7) and he told me that our sailing would be his last before exiting the ship w/ us for his own vacation on 5/7 & he stated he would be handing the reins over to Robin for "several weeks".

For those interested in the May 2 sailing on the Victory, according to a response from Marcelo on his own FB page, he is being pulled off the ship on April 26 now to do a special project in the Miami office before going on vacation. So Robin will be starting his stint on the ship 2 sailings earlier than originally planned.

Very sad as I was really looking forward to cruising w/ Marcelo...

Looks like the schedule that has been discussed at length here is incorrect. Best to wait for the official one before getting anyone's hopes up. I'm sad to see that Eversen won't be on the Glory but will now be taking over the Breeze while Matt is on vacation from the beginning of May through July. We'll now have Adam Cornes. Not familiar with him but oh well.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Looks like the schedule that has been discussed at length here is incorrect. Best to wait for the official one before getting anyone's hopes up. I'm sad to see that Eversen won't be on the Glory but will now be taking over the Breeze while Matt is on vacation from the beginning of May through July. We'll now have Adam Corning. Not familiar with him but oh well.

Lynda,

I agree with firemanbobswife...

Either please get an updated correct list or stop giving out incorrect information.. You also told me that I would have Eversen (aka Dr E) on my May 16th Glory and I'm not going to lie... but right now I am very disappointed, not because we are getting a Rising Star" as John put it, but because we were looking forward to a known CD and now getting one that noone seems to have heard of...

While some of your information might be correct, its a bit sad for some like me thinking I was going to have one and then be told by John we're getting another...

Thank you for trying to help BUT.... :(

Edited by Elaine515

Lynda,

Either please get an updated correct list or stop giving out incorrect information.. You also told me that I would have Eversen (aka Dr E) on my May 16th Glory and I'm not going to lie... but right now I am very disappointed, not because we are getting a Rising Star" as John put it, but because we were looking forward to a known CD and now getting one that noone seems to have heard of...

While some of your information might be correct, its a bit sad for some like me thinking I was going to have one and then be told by John we're getting another...

You'll get over it. You've been a member here long enough to know not to trust an anonymous poster on the web for correct information. ;)

You'll get over it. You've been a member here long enough to know not to trust an anonymous poster on the web for correct information. ;)

Yes I agree with you, I'll get over it, actually already am over it, but this person is not anonymous to me and I truly thought she had it correct...

But thank you for your response...

Lynda,

Beginning of Rant: If you bothered to read all the postings you would have known that the schedule I use was referred to as TENTATIVE multiple times. Also if you are familiar with the CD schedule that John posts at the bottom of his blog you would know that changes happen all the time and his posted schedule is almost never updated. When John finally does post a schedule, you will be amazed how quickly it becomes partially wrong.

The schedules I have are from Carnival (CD friends), I did not create them! It is also not my job to bug any of these friends and ask them to send me any updated changes that they might be aware of. CD vacation times change and fill in assignments are always in a state of flux. All of the above facts are part of the reason John has not published a schedule yet.

You get what I have, which was once accurate but changes occur all the time. End of Rant.

Schedule says:

Valor 8/22 - schedule originally had that as Cory Rogers ship, but we know he has moved to the Miracle. Calvyn Martens is currently filling in, but probably will not still be there in August. Sorry

Ecstasy 10/26 - James Charlton

Beginning of Rant: If you bothered to read all the postings you would have known that the schedule I use was referred to as TENTATIVE multiple times. Also if you are familiar with the CD schedule that John posts at the bottom of his blog you would know that changes happen all the time and his posted schedule is almost never updated. When John finally does post a schedule, you will be amazed how quickly it becomes partially wrong.

The schedules I have are from Carnival (CD friends), I did not create them! It is also not my job to bug any of these friends and ask them to send me any updated changes that they might be aware of. CD vacation times change and fill in assignments are always in a state of flux. All of the above facts are part of the reason John has not published a schedule yet.

You get what I have, which was once accurate but changes occur all the time. End of Rant.

Schedule says:

Valor 8/22 - schedule originally had that as Cory Rogers ship, but we know he has moved to the Miracle. Calvyn Martens is currently filling in, but probably will not still be there in August. Sorry

Ecstasy 10/26 - James Charlton

So you're saying the schedule is useless and can't be trusted because there's always changes. Why even post it if it's always changing?

Best bet is to wait until you board if you want 100% confirmation. :eek:

So you're saying the schedule is useless and can't be trusted because there's always changes. Why even post it if it's always changing?

Best bet is to wait until you board if you want 100% confirmation. :eek:

Useless is your very inaccurate take. What I wrote is that schedule changes often occur and I like John get grief over something we don't control. This is probably the reason most cruise lines don't even put out a schedule.

NavarreCruiser,

Thank you for the information that you have been posting in regards to the CDs, because quite frankly, you didn't have to do it, but you did. A CD is not a deal maker or breaker FOR ME. I cruise for the vacation, ship, and reuniting with my cruise friends that I have met along the way.

For those that are complaining,

If it's something official that you wanted, maybe you should have checked the Carnival schedule instead of a message board.

Again I appreciate your time NavarreCruiser when posting at least something that everyone has been waiting far too long to see.

NavarreCruiser,

Thank you for the information that you have been posting in regards to the CDs, because quite frankly, you didn't have to do it, but you did. A CD is not a deal maker or breaker FOR ME. I cruise for the vacation, ship, and reuniting with my cruise friends that I have met along the way.

For those that are complaining,

If it's something official that you wanted, maybe you should have checked the Carnival schedule instead of a message board.

Again I appreciate your time NavarreCruiser when posting at least something that everyone has been waiting far too long to see.

Thanks!