Camp carnival on splendor

Kypie242424

Hi all, new to cruise critic and cruising. I was looking for more info on camp carnival activities. Can anyone help? Wondering what the daily schedules look like? Has anyone sent there kids? Do they like it? Is it safe? What are the hours? I have 4 kids ages 4,7,9,10.

What about the late night baby sitting? What do they do then? Is it worth it to pay extra? ( meaning, are there things for adults to do until 3 am?)

Thanks

Best to ask on the Carnival and Family boards.

Our DDs loved the kids clubs.

I'm sure adults can find plenty to do til 3am ;) :D

Edited by SadieN

Hi all, new to cruise critic and cruising. I was looking for more info on camp carnival activities. Can anyone help? Wondering what the daily schedules look like? Has anyone sent there kids? Do they like it? Is it safe? What are the hours? I have 4 kids ages 4,7,9,10.

What about the late night baby sitting? What do they do then? Is it worth it to pay extra? ( meaning, are there things for adults to do until 3 am?)

Thanks

If you look on the Carnival website, there should be a listing of the various usual activities per age group (your kids will be in at least two age groups, but that's a good thing as the activities will be age-appropriate).

Make sure to check whatever info is in your cabin when you first get there -- there should be a packet of info, including when to go sign up your kids. If not, check the newsletter and find where it lists the orientation and registration info.

The first night is important because that's when the kids meet each other. And the orientation will be important for the parents as the staff will introduce themselves and give you the rules/how things work.

After that, you're free to drop off your kids during their operation hours. Sometimes the activities will be in the lido buffet (cookie decorating, kids' dinner) but again, the packet of info you'll have for each age group will give you a day-by-day schedule. No worries about skipping -- if the kids want some pool time, you'll be in charge of supervising them.

As for the post-10 pm kidsitting, usually it's for the younger kids (my daughter started wanting to skip this when she was 8). Back when we used to go on Carnival (last time was in 2002, when our girl was 4), the fee was prorated so if you decide you don't like the midnight comedy show or become too tired to dance, you can leave and pick up the kids. The kids would often watch a movie, play video games, or start snoozing. I believe you have to sign up ahead of time, but again, that info will be passed on to you in the orientation.

BTW, my daughter was old enough for Camp Carnival when 3 and 4, and she would wake up every morning of the cruise and ask if "ship's school was open yet?"