October cruise

kam2718

Hey, Im trying to plan a cruise for october 06 to any part of the caribbean. I got a few question about the weather. I have cruised the western caribbean already but I went in May. Since I will be going in october should I worry about hurricanes, I know its the end of huricane season but should I still worry. Also which part of the caribbean is the best to go during the month of october. I wasnt sure if the southern, eastern or western caribbean is better to do for that month. What do u guys think.

Thanks

My opinion is the southern route usually has the least amount of hurricane activity, but you leave from San Juan and that is right in hurricane alley. In general, the ships are steered clear of most bad weather. I have always cruised in October and have never had a problem, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

We have a group going on the Conquest in Oct '06 and would love to have you join us. Possibly leaving from Galveston but it's not a sure thing yet. Come on over to our thread and check us out. We really are very nice people and the good thing about this group is you can book for the group price, but if you don't want to hang around anyone, you don't have to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=103797

Archived