RCCL Mariner hit by lighting

Rudie

This is the link:

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/MOTS.html

Greetings,

Glenn.

Glen: Thank you for the link. I've been looking everywhere for that picture. How did you find it?

It was nice to chat with everyone at the meet and mingle. I was nervous about finding gas for the trip home (New Jersey). It was available everywhere although it cost us $200 as opposed to $160 the week before.

Dotsie

Thanks for the info, that's awful about the man who died. :( It seems like nearly every cruise I go on we are diverted for medical reasons, I'm just sorry to hear this one ended so horribly. How awful for that poor family.

Just got off the Mariner today and the bartender in the Champagne bar told us the paging system was blown out when lightening struck the ship. The Capt had to go to the engine room and over ride the alarm. From what she told us, he is the only one that can over ride it. That was why it took so long for him to come on and say what happened. She thought it went off for about 12-14 minutes. She was saying the crew had their big party that night and some of them were half dressed in the halls and still drunk when the alarm went off. She was pretty funny talking about it. She asso talked about the picture and how pretty it was. Since it was a personal picture, they couldn't make copies for passengers. She did say they were all looking at it on line. It must be out there somewhere!

Archived