Muster drill with an infant

It might differ from ship to ship. On the Miracle They would not let my 21 month old stay in the stroller. Which was a shame as she was asleep and everyone know how cranky a toddler can be when you wake them.

Last month on the Freedom, I saw a little girl in her stroller and she did get to sleep through the drill, including when they put the band on her little leg.

The drill on the Freedom is outside. Just take your baby in the stroller. Maybe you will get lucky

On the pride 3 times I put my daughter in the stroller. They had us stay inside with the guests that need assistance. Never had to take her out of the stroller.

This was our experience as well on three different cruises with our son. We were directed to one of the dining rooms or lounges by crew members. I will definitely miss muster drills like that now that our son is done with the stroller.

It's luck of the draw.

We've had some where they allow us to bring the stroller and others where they don't.

Regardless, it's never been an issue and oddly our kids have always done very well at muster. Not scared of the siren or anything. Come to think of it pretty much every child we've ever seen at muster has been calmer and more patient than most adults. I think they sense nerves and fear. ;)

Last year on the Freedom, we were traveling with friends and one of them was mobility impaired. They sent us to muster in one of the dining rooms because our friend could not have stood that long. There were 2 other groups there that had small children, so they may make that option available to you if you ask.

I have children. They are now grown. You won't have your child in a stroller if it's abandon ship. Either way, it's a drill and everybody gets through it.

Edited by eponym

I dont see why you can't keep them in the stroller. They wont put a bracelet on a baby that young. They give you the bracelet and tell you they will need it on if you choose to use Camp Carnival after hours babysitting. Other than that no need to wear it since baby will always be with you. Also, the last two cruises we've been on, we've no longer had to go out to the lifeboat area for muster drill. We have gone to the theater for one and the dining room for the other so I dont see why the baby can't stay in his stroller. You dont even have to take life jackets with you now. At least that's been our experience.

I dont see why you can't keep them in the stroller. They wont put a bracelet on a baby that young. They give you the bracelet and tell you they will need it on if you choose to use Camp Carnival after hours babysitting. Other than that no need to wear it since baby will always be with you. Also, the last two cruises we've been on, we've no longer had to go out to the lifeboat area for muster drill. We have gone to the theater for one and the dining room for the other so I dont see why the baby can't stay in his stroller. You dont even have to take life jackets with you now. At least that's been our experience.

When we cruise with the grandchildren we were told all kids must wear the wrist band.

Different ships hold the drill in different area. For example the Magic has the drill inside but the Freedom hold the drill outside. (as of last month)

I guess it all depends on the ship. On the Magic and Dream my youngest son didnt have to wear the bracelet unless he wasnt with us. He was 6 months and 18 months on our cruises.

I raised children and never once considered taking a 6 month old or 18 month old on a cruise ship.

Not saying it's bad, just never considered it at those ages.

As far as muster drills go, every ship, captain and crew can be different.

Edited by eponym