P&O Pacific Jewel, Melbourne 2nd March

With all that is happening with Cyclones at the moment I hate to have a winge, but...Who else had a wonderful time waiting to board Pacific Jewel on the dock in Melbourne on the 2nd of March? We did the "Southern Explorer" to South Australia and Tassie which was a great trip, just took a long time to start!

We were told the computers had "gone down" and it was suggested we go shopping as we wouldn't be getting on for a while. :eek: This turned out to be good advice!

The shore based P&O staff were really good, doing the best they could in the circumstances. Ship security wouldn't let anyone onto the ship without a photo so most of us waited in the terminal for many hours to board, and I do mean many hours! We had no food or water, because you can't take water on with you! Water was eventually supplied to some after we started failing/falling. This was a really BAD situation that was poorly handled by P&O in my opinion. Am I being unfair or should we expect to queue for hours to board?

We had other issues on this cruise, but boarding was amazing.

Steve.