Buying soda 6 packs on board

jcallcut

I did a search but did not find anything on this specific. On other cruise lines I have been able to pre buy or purchase once on board a six pack of soda to be delivered to the room. Is it possible to do this on the Epic? If not, how many Pepsis are typically stocked in the room as part of the mini bar setup? If nothing else I can have the room Steward make sure the mini bar is kept stocked every day.

Thank you for your help,

Jim

I did a search but did not find anything on this specific. On other cruise lines I have been able to pre buy or purchase once on board a six pack of soda to be delivered to the room. Is it possible to do this on the Epic? If not, how many Pepsis are typically stocked in the room as part of the mini bar setup? If nothing else I can have the room Steward make sure the mini bar is kept stocked every day.

Thank you for your help,

Jim

You can carry on as much soda as you want. Just stop somewhere as you go to the port and pick one up. A 6 pack on land is cheaper then 1 soda on the ship.

6&8

Thank you for your help,

Jim

No, you can not pre-buy cans of soda on NCL ships. I believe the content of the mini bar is only 2 Pepsi (it might be one regular and one diet). We always as the room steward on the first day to empty the mini bar and then fill it with Pepsi - we usually buy 10 or 12 each time (the room steward gets it for us, but it is charged to our account as "mini bar" right away). When we have just a couple of cans left, then we do the same procedure all over again....

But like stated above, you can also bring with you as many cans from ashore as you want to. But you have to keep it in your hand luggage when checking in, otherwise your suitcase might get opened by ship security - they would need to check if your cans of "liquid" are just soda or if it contains alcohol (beer, sider, etc), since that is forbidden items to bring on board.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Like the PP said, you can carry on as much soda as you want. By "carry on," we've taped a room tag to cases of soda and dropped it off with the porters, along with our luggage. You can request the room steward empty your fridge, then store your soda there. We did just that and found the steward put the contents in a drawer under the sofa.

There is soda in the mini-fridge, along with snacks and other items. I believe ours had two cans of Pepsi, two cans of Diet Pepsi, and two other cans of soda. Can't recall what they were.

You could also buy a soda package instead of carrying on.

Hope that helps some!

You could also buy a soda package instead of carrying on.

But then it is NOT included canned soda, only fountain soda.... And that is the reason why I never purchase a soda package, even when I would save a lot of money doing it that way. But I just hate fountain Pepsi - it is not the same taste as in cans, at least not in my opinion.... (but that is of course my personal, very subjective opinion that many might disagree on). :p

Edited by TrumpyNor

A suggestion I've used before was I went to a local thrift store and bout a small rolling suitcase that had some wear etc for like $7.00

I then packed it with a 12 pack of soda, 12 pack of water , few bottles of Gatorade and I think even a 2 liter of sprite

Slapped a luggage tag on it and it made it to the cabin all times w no problems

I then leave it behind when the cruise is over and buy another one the next cruise

Saves a decent amount of money all in all

Did this on Carnival n Princess as well and even loaded up a 12 pack of 16oz beers. Both times they made it to the room w no probs as well

Figured if they didn't I could always pick them up at the end of the cruise

Edited by LaCal

Thanks everyone. I will be joining from Rome and I know last time in Europe Pepsi was not to be found and Cokes almost required a second mortgage. Sounds like my best bet is, as was posted, to have the room steward clear out the fridge and buy some through the mini bar. I much prefer fountain Pepsi over canned but going to one of the bars at midnight in my jammies to get another Pepsi may not be well received so I am probably best to keep a few cans in the room.

That said, if I did it once I could probably get the other passengers to buy my Pepsi for me just to keep me and my jammies behind closed doors.

Thanks again,

Jim

Thanks everyone. I will be joining from Rome and I know last time in Europe Pepsi was not to be found and Cokes almost required a second mortgage. Sounds like my best bet is, as was posted, to have the room steward clear out the fridge and buy some through the mini bar. I much prefer fountain Pepsi over canned but going to one of the bars at midnight in my jammies to get another Pepsi may not be well received so I am probably best to keep a few cans in the room.

That said, if I did it once I could probably get the other passengers to buy my Pepsi for me just to keep me and my jammies behind closed doors.

Thanks again,

Jim

Purchase the soda package for under $7/day. That way you can have soda throughout the ship. You're also provided a thermal cup/glass, so at some point in your day get that filled and leave in the fridge for your midnight quench. You don't need the cup to get a drink, but it will be nice for your back in the room moments.

On the Sky sometimes the beverage was poured from a 2 liter bottle, so it may not always be fountain.

I will be joining from Rome and I know last time in Europe Pepsi was not to be found and Cokes almost required a second mortgage.
I don't know the exact prices for soda in Italian supermarkets, but they cannot be anywhere near what you are happily considering paying on the ship. On board you will pay $2.25 + 18% tip per can, whether you get them at a bar, from the mini-bar, or through room service.