Look out Carnival, here come my parents!

How exciting!!!! Letting Mom and Dad in on the cruising lifestyle....:D:D

They will be hooked!!!!

After just reading your 12 day Freedom repositioning cruise review, I know how much you loved your Serenity deck, so with that being said, I don't think Conquest is a great choice.

Did you guys check out the Sunshine of PC? That Serenity deck(s) look AMAZING!!!!!

Also, I know you said you didn't want to have to fly, as your DF is not a fan, so if you DO decide on the Pride, look into Amtrak.

We did the Pride 4 years ago, and took the train from CT to Baltimore. Cheap and much better than driving.

Keep us posted and good luck!!!!

How exciting!!!! Letting Mom and Dad in on the cruising lifestyle....:D:D

They will be hooked!!!!

After just reading your 12 day Freedom repositioning cruise review, I know how much you loved your Serenity deck, so with that being said, I don't think Conquest is a great choice.

Did you guys check out the Sunshine of PC? That Serenity deck(s) look AMAZING!!!!!

Also, I know you said you didn't want to have to fly, as your DF is not a fan, so if you DO decide on the Pride, look into Amtrak.

We did the Pride 4 years ago, and took the train from CT to Baltimore. Cheap and much better than driving.

Keep us posted and good luck!!!!

Sunshine is a little pricey and I've also heard some negative reviews about it being really crowded. Although I have to agree, that Serenity does look spectacular!

Flying to Baltimore would actually be really short and very cheap so if we choose Pride we'd fly. Dad doesn't not want to fly, he just isn't a fan (neither am I, but it is a necessary evil of cruise travel when you live in NH!)

Is driving an option to FLL? More time, but will be less than airfare for four during peak travel weeks.

Yeah, driving is not a great option from NH! I don't think I'd have enough vacation time from work to add in those extra days of traveling. That's one LONG road trip!

Something else to think about if you're cruising from Baltimore is the weather. The weather is very unpredictable during the March/April timeframe. You could spend the first few days in pretty cold weather. Wearing pants and a sweater is not fun on a cruise ship! :)

We are doing the Pride for the 4th time in May. We are in MA and will drive down the day before. Even with hotel, gas, tolls and food, it is still cheaper than flying for the 4 of us. My sister is flying in the morning of. May is really cheap and might be a better option. For 3 of us in a balcony cabin I am paying $2300 (not including tips). Check it out. I know the weather can be iffy in March and even April. We went the end of May/first week June last year and the ship wasn't crowded at all. Our cabins have already dropped $450 since I booked back in October.

Something else to think about if you're cruising from Baltimore is the weather. The weather is very unpredictable during the March/April timeframe. You could spend the first few days in pretty cold weather. Wearing pants and a sweater is not fun on a cruise ship! :)

That is very true. Our first cruise was on the Pride at the end of March and I remember it being not very warm the first couple of days.

We are doing the Pride for the 4th time in May. We are in MA and will drive down the day before. Even with hotel, gas, tolls and food, it is still cheaper than flying for the 4 of us. My sister is flying in the morning of. May is really cheap and might be a better option. For 3 of us in a balcony cabin I am paying $2300 (not including tips). Check it out. I know the weather can be iffy in March and even April. We went the end of May/first week June last year and the ship wasn't crowded at all. Our cabins have already dropped $450 since I booked back in October.

Looks like the Pride doesn't have her May itineraries out yet. I just thought she got more expensive closer to the summer months.

Looks like the Pride doesn't have her May itineraries out yet. I just thought she got more expensive closer to the summer months.

Right after I posted the reply, i did another mock booking and had another $30 price drop. I am down to $2262. May isn't peak yet because most kids are still in school/college and lots of graduation stuff happening. I have a special needs son and he goes to school year round so I am pulling him out for the week.

I would choose the Valor, as I think St Thomas and San Juan would be nicer ports for your parents (assuming they have not already been to them on a land based vacation) Plus you would get the new port of Amber Cove.

7 Day beats a 6 day, and leaving out of FL should be warmer than leaving out of Balt.

You will have to let us know which one your parents picked.

Valor! My parents picked that ship because of the itinerary. It will be good for DH and I too because Amber Cove will be a new port for us and we've never been on the Valor. We will complete the Conquest Class! Lol! The only downside is that DH is all sad he won't have Guy's burgers. Lol! We are leaning toward the mid January cruise as it is cheaper and seems like flights won't be too bad to MCO in January. Might wait a week more or two for the "Dancing of the Ships" to be done, but I'm excited and know my parents will have a blast. Thanks for all your input!