Disembarking NCL Epic in Barcelona

glittergal1

Hello Im cruise only on NCL Epic We disembark in Barcelona in port at 5am.

I have a post cruise private tour booked and need to be off the ship by a certain time , I thought I would be able to choose what time I got off but upon asking NCL facebook they said No ! is this correct

Hi we disembark NCL Epic June 7th 2015 we dock at 5am I am cruise only . How can we choose what time to get off as we have a post cruise tour booked and need to be off by 8.15am

Today

Norwegian Cruise Line UK

10:14

Norwegian Cruise Line UK

Hi Michelle,

Unfortunately you cannot choose what time. The ship disembarks from the top on wards. This means that suites will get off first then mini suites, balconies and the insides so depends what cabin you have.

Many thanks!

I'd be surprised if Epic was any different to other NCL ships. This is the normal procedure:

a) A couple of days before the end of the cruise, the coloured luggage tags, each for a different time, are put out......usually near the excursions desk. First come first served (although I think suites and NCL transfers get first dibs).

b) You can walk your own cases off at any time.

So if we decide not to put our suit cases outside the night before we can just get off when we want to ? would it be easy to get off with our luggage being on deck 12 and needing to use the lifts ? Do we need to let NCL know we are doing this ? can we wait to see what colour luggage tag they give us before deciding on this ?

I did easy walk off last year on Epic in Barcelona with no issue.

I had to be dockside for my bus at 7:15am.

Just don't leave your suitcase outside the night before and you don't need a coloured disembarkation luggage tag either.

You don't need to let NCL know - the fact you haven't picked up a luggage tag will let them know your easy walk off.

NCL wont assign you a luggage tag you have to pick which one applies to you (unless you are getting one of their transfers).

I was also on Deck 12 - no issue using the lifts to get off the ship.

Edited by Sparkles87

So if we decide not to put our suit cases outside the night before we can just get off when we want to ? would it be easy to get off with our luggage being on deck 12 and needing to use the lifts ? Do we need to let NCL know we are doing this ? can we wait to see what colour luggage tag they give us before deciding on this ?

Hi there,

I am a little obsessive about my luggage ( don't judge, lol ) and whenever possible, we do easy walk-off.

We did this last time we were on the Epic and will do it again this summer....it's really easy! :)

We were on deck 12 last time and had a little wait for the elevators, but not too long. We didn't rush to get off as we were catching a train at our leisure, so no time constraints.

You don't need to let NCL know if you are doing easy walk off, but if you choose to let NCL take your luggage, you can go to the excursions desk and collect the colour-coded luggage tag that you want, for the time that you want to disembark.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the Epic! :)

FYI--4 ways to leave the port area:

1) by taxi about 20-30E to around Chris Columbus statue

2) 3E, if I remember from Oct, for the public bus but it does not start running until 8am. Goes to Chris Columbus statue.

3) ship shuttle. Need to pay and let NCL know. I believe 10E each to Columbus statue.

4) walking. OK if rolling luggage but probably 25-30 minutes to Columbus status

Wow! I didn't realize they issued the debarked tags this way. Other cruise lines I have been would deliver your luggage tags the day before we were to debark. I will be on NCL transportation when I debark in Rome. How do they ensure ensure their transportation leaves and arrives to the airport in time for 12:30 flights? It would seem if debark times were luck of the draw of what is available when you pick up tags transports could end up waiting for people who ended up with later debark times.

Jim

they only allow so many for each time slot and you collect them from near reception a couple of days prior to disembarkation day.

Having said that, there's nothing to stop you debarking the ship at whatever time you feel like. Just look for your luggage in the appropriate colour location.

Having said that, there's nothing to stop you debarking the ship at whatever time you feel like. Just look for your luggage in the appropriate colour location.

Agree

on Spirit in Feb Disembarkation with colour tags started at 610 for early independants and also 715, 7,30 815, 820, 835.( for independants)

all off by 9am

you could pick up your colour tags the day before but on a first come first served basis.

time and place on the Disembarkation Program leaflet delivered to your stateroom.

no problem if you have a suite as you are escourted off at any time .

hope it helps

j

Question I have is most flights I see for the 2016 schedule fly out of Barcelona at 10:30am for the states on disembark day..

I always just walk off the ship as early as possible but in this case I am concerned whether there will be enough time to get a Taxi to the airport and clear customs in time for the flight...

Wow! I didn't realize they issued the debarked tags this way. Other cruise lines I have been would deliver your luggage tags the day before we were to debark. I will be on NCL transportation when I debark in Rome. How do they ensure ensure their transportation leaves and arrives to the airport in time for 12:30 flights? It would seem if debark times were luck of the draw of what is available when you pick up tags transports could end up waiting for people who ended up with later debark times.

Jim

Those on NCL shuttles get tags delivered depending on when your flight leaves.

I disembarked Spirit in Barcelona on Monday. My flight was 11:50 and we were given 7AM tags. I left about 7:10. Was on coach and at airport by 8:00.

Earlier flights had 6:20 tags. So if you are on a 12:30 you'll be around that same time as me about 7AM and at airport by 8.

Edited by Single Cruiser

Norwegian Cruise Line UK

Hi Michelle,

Unfortunately you cannot choose what time. The ship disembarks from the top on wards. This means that suites will get off first then mini suites, balconies and the insides so depends what cabin you have.

Unless they are totally changing things when the ship comes to Europe, NCL UK's response bears very little resemblance to what typically happens on disembarkation morning.

You can find a link to a disembarkation leaflet for the Epic on this page: Beyond Ships. It is for Miami, not Barcelona, and it is a couple of years old, so don't look at the detailed times etc. The point is that you can choose what time you get off. The luggage colors are called by deck (from the bottom up, not from the top down), but if you want an earlier or later time, you can pick whatever color you want. And if you do Easy Walk-Off, you don't have to go by their schedule at all.

Like I said, it could be completely different for your cruise, but I highly doubt it. And I hope you will give feedback on NCL UK's FB page if it turns out indeed that they gave you a totally misinformed and unhelpful reply.

Question I have is most flights I see for the 2016 schedule fly out of Barcelona at 10:30am for the states on disembark day..

I always just walk off the ship as early as possible but in this case I am concerned whether there will be enough time to get a Taxi to the airport and clear customs in time for the flight...

IN February collected our luggage at 7 30 and there was plenty of taxi's.

fixed charge of 39 euro's.takes approx 20 minutes to airport.

please make sure the driver knows which flight company you are with and terminal.

easily made our 10 10 flight.

alternatively NCL was running a shuttle to the airport for 10 to 11 am flights at 6.20 am

hope it helps j