Cost of photos

Coopie

Just a quick question. We always purchase pics when we sail but most the time do not know the price of the different sizes.

I want to put some Photo Cash in someones room as a surprise. I want to leave enough for two 8x10's but not too much that they don't use it,,,,cause you lose it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We just got back a little over 2 weeks ago on Pride. As I remember, 4x6 were 9.99, 5x7 were 14.99, and 8x10 were 21.99.

They do have a package you can buy that is supposed to give you every single picture they take during the whole trip. It's $300 or $350 (?). They only sell it for the first couple days.

Unfortunately, I found out about the package on the last day when we were deciding which pictures we wanted. There were a lot of really good ones and I asked if there was any discount for buying more pictures, or if there was a price where I could buy all of them. That's when I found out about the package price. Too bad they wouldn't let me get it. I would have bought the package and got all of them, instead I only bought three 8x10. Carnival lost out on a lot more money from me.

The advantage of getting the package is you can then get in on every single possible photo opportunity. You're bound to get lots of great ones. Every night there were at least 4-6 different backdrops, plus they would take pics on the staircase and other places around the ship. These were all professional 'formal' pictures. They took many different poses for every backdrop. Every port had at least one photo op as you got off the ship, a quick snap and you keep walking. Most nights at dinner there were pics at your table. Probably others photo ops as well.

The unfortunate thing is all the pics with the backdrops and on staircases etc were only printed as 8x10. That is too large for me, I wanted the 5x7 that I could put in frames around my house. I don't have a lot of space for 8x10's. If you want a smaller pic of the 'formal' pic, you had to first buy the 8x10, then you could buy smaller pics at a discount. Or, they would reprint the 8x10 in the smaller size you wanted, but you still had to pay the 8x10 price for it.

They also had a package where you could get a private photographer to take you around the ship taking pics. That was extra. I don't know if it would include all of the pics like the package I talked about above.

Once you purchase the picture, you can make copies of it as you like. Here is link to their photo copyright release. http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/PhotoRelease.pdf

(edit to correct price typo above)

Edited by angela12345