ISO: Weather Tips ~ May 3, 2015 on the Breakaway to Bermuda

taytaysmom1019

Late 30's couple sailing kidfree on the NCL Breakaway, May 3-10, 2015! Neither of us have ever been to Bermuda. Any info/suggestions on what to expect from the weather/water in Bermuda or what to wear and pack for the various stages of sailing would be greatly appreciated. Particularly want to know what did you seem to wear most? Bathing suits? How dressy did you get and how much warm clothes were needed sailing out of nyc or just on deck at sea or in Bermud? TIA![emoji4]

We're a senior couple also traveling kid free on the Veendam to Bermuda May 2nd, our first time there. We sailed NCL several years ago to Alaska and for the cruise nice casual is all you need, no shorts or jeans in the MDR at dinner; formal attire is optional on formal night. Bermuda is a more formal island and if you want to enjoy dinner on shore, coats and ties are often required. It's the Atlantic, not the Caribbean so I'm bringing a light jacket.

Bermuda Tourism, GoToBerrmuda.com, has a lot of info on-line and sent us some great brochures and a map. I quote one of the brochures, "As a rule of thumb dress conservatively. Bathing suits, abbreviated tops and short shorts are not acceptable except at beaches and pools."

Hope you have a great time on the pink sand beaches!

• 2 weeks later...

We did the May 4th cruise to Bermuda last year. Weather was very nice. I don't recall the actual temperatures but it was quite comfortable. We wore shorts and tee shirts without a problem. Water temperatures was chilly, but once in the water, it wasn't too bad. Here's a pic taken at Horseshoe Bay showing plenty of people enjoying the beach. Have fun, Bermuda is beautiful.

image.jpg1_zpsgvoe6z55.jpg

Edited by gtsfanatic

• 2 weeks later...

We went last year at this time. There can be rain, but temps are in the 70s. Bring a wrap or sweatshirt hoodie for boat rides. I bring an umbrella just in case. We had beautiful weather last year. I did not find the ocean too cold...it was lovely at Horseshoe Beach. It is not hot like the summer, more like spring in the southern US. Have a great time!

I do this cruise last year, at the same time same boat and same rooms......so I think we loved it! Sorry if I make mistake , I'm from montreal and my english is not very well , but I can understand very well,,,,, I love to be freestyle cruising , for the second time , we are boardind in the haven , and we loves to be casual every where we go and every time , do whats you want in is boat and we have a lot of party kn this boat ...and bermuda is easy to travel anywhere and secure......so If you have any questions , don't be shy ......

Manon