What ship was I on?

vmt514

Oh my, I just love all the replies. ALL OF THEM!

Better yet, my VERY VERY VERY first cruise was on Carnival in May 1981. We left from Ft Lauderdale. I have no idea the name of the ship. I do however remember it having a ton of high school kids on for their senior trip. I was with 2 other girl friends. We had just finished a year of work after graduating college. We didn't want to be around high school boys. Also, you could not use a blow dryer in your stateroom. There were central "hair styling" rooms where you could get the electric you needed for your curling iron and blow dryer. This was not a lot of fun. I remember 2 ports - St. Croix and Pueto Rico. No tv's in your room or basically anywhere. If you wanted news on a sea day, there was a legal size piece of paper at the Purser's desk with world news. And we had a great time!!!

In 1981 Carnival only had three ships, so that narrows it down to Mardi Gras, Carnivale and Festivale. This link helps, but is not definitive because it doesn't pick up until October 1981: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F1981%2F10%2F18%2Ftravel%2Fcruises-for-1981-82.html&ei=w-oMVbijPMvDggShzYOwCA&usg=AFQjCNEarUPh9bw-jr3ACrmjZYrrLIugkw&bvm=bv.89060397,bs.1,d.eXY

But looking at the itineraries (hard to read I know) for Fall 1981-Summer 1982 all three called on San Juan but Carnivale and Festivale included St Thomas while Mardi Gras included St Croix, so that's my guess.

Mardi Gras was our first cruise also (in 1989). We have great memories of that ship and that era of cruising.

Very fun thread...just love it...Sarah

2009 June Paradise and everything just went so well on my first 4 day Carnival cruise, in all ways perfection....Sarah

OP I have a friend is like this on all things like the hotel they just stayed in, what her nieces and nephews are exactly studying.,,.lucky if we get general area..she just rarely travels and does not care...and deletes these things..she still has to work so hard at 67 and well...I think she just has other priorities.

I love all the little travel, hotel, air details.....super budget and up...to top of the line dreaming...LOL..drives me nuts to ask her about her little jaunts few and far between...but I understand.

Edited by sjn911