Strange NCL Cruise Traditions (or Guilty Pleasure)

rpb718

We drop our bag I the room and head for the MDR. We love starting our cruise with a white tablecloth lunch. Order a drink, toast and siiiighhh!

We love to people watch, so we head tothe atrium bar, or wherever the liveliest spot is and enjoy watching the show. Then it's back tothe room with bottle of wine on the balcony for sail away.

First morning, assuming we wake up in time, we love having a sit down breakfast. We always done alone at dinner,but love meeting new friends at breakfast.

First morning, assuming we wake up in time, we love having a sit down breakfast. We always done alone at dinner,but love meeting new friends at breakfast.

Cruise breakfast traditions on NCL are different. Mine usually involves some form of Eggs Benedict the first morning and definitely requires a Bloody Mary every morning.

once we board we head to MDR for a nice lunch and then go up to the pool area and have a dirty banana and dance then we always rush to see lady liberty when we sail out of NYC. we don't care if it's cold or raining we are sailing to warm weather and blue water. I also unpack immediately and leave my highlighter out to mark on dailys what are must do's. I will not say anything to my DH about wearing sports gear, he's a die hard browns fan who hates the steelers and personally i could care less. I'm on vacation and the outside world does not matter to me.

Edited by mrdrdoso

Head to the MDR for a nice lunch while avoiding the masses at the buffet (the most crowded area of the ship upon embarkation). Then, make the all important decision...what drink to have for sail away! ;)

This time though, we are heading to the spa to book the spa pass for the cruise before heading to lunch. Unless of course they're selling them in the terminal, in which case we will just buy them before boarding!

My favorite traditon is taking photos of NYC during sailaway at the aft of the ship and my room the 1st day:

Very 1st Trip on old cell phone camera on Carnival Splendor:

20140426_142502.jpg20140426_172215.jpg20140426_172151.jpg

2nd trip on new cell phone camera on NCL Breakaway:

y1IVO4-ggPt_BAXGaVP9GuzkspyEbMa3OB1sWwU5ZUA=w367-h206-p-no20141130_151403.jpgcuYmbZHm1zzuVpk0FwO0BynO2R8Gx41PuxCqC1cwP_c=w367-h206-p-no

I cannot fathom a 5am wake up call on day one of vacation. I need some pre sailaway travel recovery time.

This will be our first family cruise, so maybe we'll start a tradition, thanks for the ideas everyone!

I'm up at 4am to 5am usually - out for a view of the new port, a visit to the bridge room, then a 7am early juice and coffee from the butler before everyone is ready for Cagney's....

Well on my last two cruises it went something like this.

Getaway:

1-Head to Guest Services for Vibe Pass

2-Start Drinking and roaming the ship

3-Purchase Spa Pass

4-Repeat #2 and talk to random people on the ship and find other solo travelers.

Sky

1-Purcahse UBP

2-Start drinking.

3-Repeat #2 and talk to random people on the ship and find other solo travelers.

And what I plan on doing with the Escape:

1-Head to Guest Services to see if/when they will sell Vibe Passes (Since I'm on the Transatlantic not sure if it will be open)

2-Grab a drink with my UBP

3-Get Spa Pass

4-Repeat #2 and talk to random people on the ship and find other solo travelers.

As you can see, Step #2 is very important.

Oh and my guilty pleasure is eating to my heart's content all week! The only time I don't count weight watchers points is on vacation and I truly enjoy myself. The food is one of the things I look forward to most, tied with spending time with my family (always a big group...11 of us this July!), the delicious drinks, and relaxing in the spa. :)