USS Arizona and USS Missouri

Notion_of_the_Ocean

I was just wondering if there is a way to make reservations in advance for a specific time for the USS Missouri? I am already aware that https://ussmissouri.org can be used to purchase tickets but when it is added to your cart it says "none" for time. What does this "none" mean? Will we have to wait a long time to tour the Missouri? We have one day available for visiting Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, and explore Waikiki so wait time in the Pearl Harbor portion really needs to be optimized.

Realistically, how likely is it to be finished touring Pearl Harbor no later than around 2 to be able to hike the Diamond Head trail (yep, I am well aware we must be on the Diamond Head trail no later than 4pm)?

Unless you are doing a guided tour I would imagine you can go at any time for the Missouri. The Arizona only so many people can go at a time due to space in the theater and on the boat. The Missouri doesn't have the same constraints.

I have not yet done the Missouri but did visit the Wisconsin in Virginia which also doesn't have specific ticket times. Unless you are doing a guided tour, then you are free to wander on your own at whatever time you arrived.

Hopefully someone who has done the Missouri tour will reply to confirm my suspicions :)

~Katy

You won't have to wait. We purchased our Missouri tickets when we picked up our reserved Arizona tickets that morning and went on over when we were finished paying our respects at the Arizona. We spent the entire day at Pearl Harbor, from about nine AM 'til four-thirty PM, but we also went to the Pacific Aviation Museum. Your time frame should be ok. What's your Arizona time slot?

The only hitch you may have is waiting for the bus to take you to BIG MO. There was quite a line and the first bus was full. We had to wait maybe 20 minutes for another bus to arrive. We were there in May, and I think we arrived approximately 8:00 am and we left around 3:00. We had no pre-reserved tickets.

There are other displays, the anchor, the Bowfin (submarine), guns, the air museum, shopping, snack bar, etc. not just the Arizona and Big Mo so you determine what you want to see and how much time you want to spend.

If you just do the Arizona and head directly to Big Mo, you shouldn't have a problem. You know your timetable, and you will just have to watch the clock and gauge your time at each.

Make sure you check for tickets for the Arizona online the day before (if you are able.) To see if you can get an early time. They release them at 7am local time the day before, 300 of them. They have I think 1000 farther in advance but they are hard to secure. Then they release the rest the day on on-site. If you can't get online or can't get an early time, get there very early. The traffic can be very hit or miss, so to be safe for getting to diamond head I'd aim to leave the park around noon. The Arizona tour takes over and hour, you can easily spend an hour or two at the different displays around, and as much time at the Missouri.

Honestly, I'm not sure what time of year you are going to be here but the hike up diamond head could be VERY HOT at that time of day so if you are able to secure an afternoon time for the Arizona you may consider doing the hike in the morning, and then having a bit more time to relax at the memorial.

~Katy

• 2 weeks later...