Frustrating discounted up-grade experience!

wesnliz

Received an e-mail this morning about upgrades for my sailing. $500PP to upgrade to haven. Called them and was informed that if I were to upgrade I would not get the additional freestyle promotions they have running. Wish they would have said that in the e-mail!

Oh well, thanks for the info, I got the same email. which boat are you on this weekend?

Epic. I was pretty excited, ready to bite the bullet and then asked about canceling my dining and she said I could not get the other promotions that are included with haven.

You may want to call them back. You should be able to keep any promos you have when you booked but not the new all four promos. What type of Haven suite are they offering you?

They told me I could keep my UBP but that I could not get the other promotions which is ridiculous because if I pay for an upgrade from a studio to a balcony I get access to other promotions not available to studios.

Yes, but it's a heavily discounted Haven suite. I don't blame them on this one.

It is heavily discounted but I can't honestly justify an upgrade to a marginally nicer room for another $1000 for the cheapest haven. Had it had included the promotions it would have been a no brainier.

They told me I could keep my UBP but that I could not get the other promotions which is ridiculous because if I pay for an upgrade from a studio to a balcony I get access to other promotions not available to studios.

So I assume even though you wouldn't get all the major perks from moving to the Haven that they'd still happily up your DSC to the suite rate? :rolleyes:

Thanks for this info, by the way. There are still 10 of 16 Haven Spa Suites available on our April cruise, and after a big price drop about a month after final payment it's just $900 pp more than we paid for our Balcony. The dramatic price cut moved four of the cabins, but they've been stuck at 10 for a couple of weeks now. Anyway, I'd been thinking that if it went down another couple of hundred pp I'd call NCL and see if we could move to a Haven Spa Suite, but that was on the basis of picking up UDP, free DSC, and $300 OBC. If we'd only be able to drag along our UBP, it's so not worth it!

If you read the promo, it states that It is applicable to "full fare" purchases, when the cabin was originally purchased. NCL is not obligated to give the freestyle promo to upgraded cabins if you upgrade for the reduced rate. Now, they would likely give it to you if you paid the full rate for the cabin.

On the Epic you get the Haven restaurant. I'm not sure what your saying, studio to Haven or balcony to Haven, but if it's a total of $500 you may want to try it. It could be a once in a lifetime chance. [emoji41] I think you'll like it is what I'm saying.

We would be moving from a balcony to haven.

Sounds like both of you been contacted by the Upgrade Fairy, very seldom seen or heard of. It's usually 40% of the difference between what you paid and the Suite book price. These offers do not stay on the table for a long time. Did both of you ask what Haven suite it is? It could be a Deluxe Owners Suite. If you can't afford or justify the $1000 it's a moot point. Those rooms are not marginally nicer, they are MUCH nicer. Either way you'll have a great cruise and if you think you may do this act FAST.

Do it, it's a $7000 minimum room they are giving you for another $1000 more than you already paid. You can buy all the Freestyle choice perks but you can't buy the Haven perks.

Can someone share what the real perks of the haven are? We have only cruised carnival and I am just not sure its worth it as we don't know anything about it.

These were the options

166dq55.jpg

Can someone share what the real perks of the haven are? We have only cruised carnival and I am just not sure its worth it as we don't know anything about it.

These were the options

166dq55.jpg

You get a butler and concierge. You get access to the private Haven and private pool with courtyard and private sun deck, no chair hogs or crowds. Private Haven restaurant and bar. It's a ship within a ship. If you do the H2 you get 3 bottles of booze and unlimited mixers. The concierge can get you reservations anywhere, even when they say sold out. The butler will serve you any meals in your suite if you choose. The balconies are small but you have the courtyard and sun deck right out your front door. You must be prepared to be pampered and spoiled. It's an amazing experience!

You get a butler and concierge. You get access to the private Haven and private pool with courtyard and private sun deck, no chair hogs or crowds. Private Haven restaurant and bar. It's a ship within a ship. If you do the H2 you get 3 bottles of booze and unlimited mixers. The concierge can get you reservations anywhere, even when they say sold out. The butler will serve you any meals in your suite if you choose. The balconies are small but you have the courtyard and sun deck right out your front door. You must be prepared to be pampered and spoiled. It's an amazing experience!

Are there any smoking areas in the courtyard area / bar?

Received an e-mail this morning about upgrades for my sailing. $500PP to upgrade to haven. Called them and was informed that if I were to upgrade I would not get the additional freestyle promotions they have running. Wish they would have said that in the e-mail!

It is completely normal that if you upgrade, you will get the appropriate promotions active on your original booking date. Also as others have said, this is even more reduced fare as it is an offer from the upgrade fairy instead of a regular drop in list price, so normal procedures wouldn't apply anyway.

You get current promotions usually only if you cancel and rebook, and since you are within non-free cancellation period, that is probably not an option for you.

There's a thread going around here about smoking areas, I think someone said the private sun deck area there were ashtrays. If you were in a h4 that was not connected to a h5 balcony they may give you an ashtray on your balcony. Look at the deck plans. If you've never been in the Haven before it will be the cruise of your dreams, truly first class.

Edited by Leavethekidswithmom

It is completely normal that if you upgrade, you will get the appropriate promotions active on your original booking date. Also as others have said, this is even more reduced fare as it is an offer from the upgrade fairy instead of a regular drop in list price, so normal procedures wouldn't apply anyway.

You get current promotions usually only if you cancel and rebook, and since you are within non-free cancellation period, that is probably not an option for you.

Exactly. If you are within the fee period and upgrade with the NCL reduced rate, you are ineligible for the promo. You have to cancel and rebook.

I was searching on NCL.com just now and it seems like all the suites are booked already for the Epic this weekend. There was only 1 "Guarantee" suite showing up. Seems like everyone snatched up the upgrade offers that were available.

Yeah they literally all went within the last hour, just got off the phone with the upgrade lade. I am however going to keep this number for next cruise with NCL and call them back 1 week out!