Is Haven land based Concierge Desk always rude?

MacGuffin

I've never heard of Adrienne. Is she new?

I thought Adrian was still on the Getaway? He's one of the best.

No it's Adrian Bica my auto correct must not have liked my spelling. He is awesome!

The NCL board never ceases to amaze me. I'm new here and its definitely different than what I know of cc. Any little complaint or non-positive observation about NCL is met by 5 or more complaints about the poster and his/her observations. People's identities are questioned based on the # of comments since said person joined. I have not experienced this with the Carnival or Disney boards. It's weird. I, myself, question some of the motives of people who criticize others for sharing their experiences.

I'm booked for the haven. Since I'm paying 2-3 times more than a non-haven room I want, at a minimum, good service. That includes all the extras promoted that I care to take advantage of. I know things happen but if this is a pattern, it should be addressed. It is the list of extras that boosts NCL's customer acquisition for the haven. Meaning, the more perks NCL promotes as available, the more the company sales. It's not happenstance. Its business. And if I'm supporting a business, no matter which cruise line (I've taken 7 cruises in total), I want good service. It is not going above and beyond duty to supply rude service. It would have been over and beyond for the pre-concierge to admit his/her limitations and spare the OP's time while being friendly. I am glad I read the boards because I will temper my expectations. However, it makes no sense to tell people to have no expectations when NCL's website and promotional items are vehicles by which those expectations are set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by missintuitive

I guess like every other customer service location its who you get on the other end of the phone. I had a wonderful pre-concierge experience for our Feb cruise and the representative couldn't have been more helpful. She changed our existing reservation, took my requests-fridge emptied, soy milk, iced tea and apple juice for my son and memory foam pillows. I was actually pleasantly surprised it was all done when we arrived in our cabin.

The room stewart does all of this for me except the tea part. Is that all they do?

This made me chuckle. IME: none of my pre-concierge requests were done. Only one was done the evening we embarked. It wasn't a big deal, but having to call 4 mornings for coffee was a pain. This was with having a butler and steward!

They must not want people calling with preferences for their suite because they have changed the letter and they don't list anything like the previous letter asking about pillow, coffee, etc. But maybe that is because they were not fulfilling the request before guest boarded, and they figured why ask for preference when they aren't going to implement the request to begin with.

They state in the letter "To further assist you with your pre-cruise preparation and planning, be sure to view your welcome aboard booklet online @ ncl.com/welcomethehaven for valuable information and answers to any questions you may have about your cruise.

As a guest of the Haven, you can make special request and arrange a variety of services and amenities prior to your sailing through our concierge desk. Call 1800-625-4283"

They don't list what falls under "variety of services" nor "special request". And whats up with "be sure to view your welcome aboard booklet online @ ncl.com/welcomethehaven"? How about printing me a REAL booklet and sending it to my home? Or listing examples of the "variety of services and special request" that are offered. Not everyone is as familiar with the variety of services or special request that they are referring to.

I'm fine with them not printing a real booklet. It saves money and trees.

We received the same letter with no services listed but then received an email with the usual pillow options, tea options, etc. This was just three weeks ago.