Question on Pricing

LynnTH

I have been on many cruises mostly on Carnival and RCCL. Looking at some different options for March 2016. Like the new Escape coming out. So, I went to price it for March. There would be 4 of us in a cabin. Inside. It says 3rd and 4th passenger at 1/2 price. So, I price it out and it shows 1st and 2nd passenger at $799 and 3rd and 4th at $649.50.

Figuring there was a glitch in the system I called NCL. She said the 3rd and
4th person at 1/2 price is actually 1/2 off the Book Rate. How is that half off the 1st and 2nd rate? This makes no sense at all. Is this correct??

[quote name='LynnTH']It says 3rd and 4th passenger at 1/2 price. So, I price it out and it shows 1st and 2nd passenger at $799 and 3rd and 4th at $649.50.

4th person at 1/2 price is actually 1/2 off the Book Rate. How is that half off the 1st and 2nd rate? This makes no sense at all. Is this correct??[/QUOTE]

No, the price of 3rd and 4th is never related to 1st and 2nd. The current promo for your cruise is 50% off the list price of 3rd and 4th - not 3rd and 4th for 50% off of 1st and 2nd price.

[quote name='LynnTH']I have been on many cruises mostly on Carnival and RCCL. Looking at some different options for March 2016. Like the new Escape coming out. So, I went to price it for March. There would be 4 of us in a cabin. Inside. It says 3rd and 4th passenger at 1/2 price. So, I price it out and it shows 1st and 2nd passenger at $799 and 3rd and 4th at $649.50.

4th person at 1/2 price is actually 1/2 off the Book Rate. How is that half off the 1st and 2nd rate? This makes no sense at all. Is this correct??[/QUOTE]

Half price does not mean "half off the 1st and 2nd person rate". If the 3rd and 4th price is at $649.50, I believe that means the full price is $1299.

The "Half price" sale does not really mean much, NCL increased the price for the 3rd and 4th passengers before the current sale (3rd and 4th FREE or HALF OFF) began.

Hope this helps.

I've been following my rate daily, since I booked. I've seen that the 3rd gues price is changing each time the 1st and 2nd guest changes. The 3rd is always just barely below the 1st/2nd for my cruise. I always assumed they just figured they could get more money on a holiday cruise, so aren't really following their promo.