Price guarantee question

MNCruizer1

Yes make sure u choose the price with the price protection. .. well worth the extra time checking the Web site to get even cheaper rates

Every Carnival rate has price protection, some rates offer it until about 2 days before sailing, others until final payment date.

Yes, if you have a deposit down and you book other than Early Saver, any price drops up until your final deposit is due come off the amount you owe. Once final payment date is reached, you must be booked Early Saver to continue to get price drops.

Carnival pushes the Early Saver because once you book, they are guaranteed to keep your $$$ (you get a credit toward another booking), not so with other rates (you get your deposit returned to you if you cancel before final payment date). But if the rate falls, you owe less at final payment.

There are some other advantages to not booking Early Saver like being able to do no-cost name changes (saves $50 fee)

You have 24 hours to call and get price protection when you book. The ES rate gives you the price protection until 2 days before you sail, but there are more restrictions on that rate.

This is about finding a lower rate on a cruise re-seller site.

Can you still get a price drop if there are no more cabins available on the deck you booked for?

Deck doesn't matter, it's based on cabin category (like 4F or 8E)

Edited by lizardhowson

Please think about contacting either a PVP at Carnival or a TA. You really need someone to explain to you the various rates and how they work. I almost always book Early Saver but I also understand all the restrictions just a few are, non refundable deposit and $50 change fees.

And yes as others have said you can price match until final payment on most rates. Early saver allows price match until two days before sail date.

Please think about contacting either a PVP at Carnival or a TA. You really need someone to explain to you the various rates and how they work. I almost always book Early Saver but I also understand all the restrictions just a few are, non refundable deposit and $50 change fees.

And yes as others have said you can price match until final payment on most rates. Early saver allows price match until two days before sail date.

I have contacted a couple different PVPs...neither one mentioned anything about early saver or price protection. :(

Can you still get a price drop if there are no more cabins available on the deck you booked for?

Its not about deck it is about category.

For example all balcony cabins are 8's. They are further classed with letters. So you will have 8A, 8B, 8C etc.....

You must compare 8A to 8A's and so forth.

Interiors are 4's

oceanviews are 6's