Price Question - Single Rate Adding Another Person

Kobayashi

I booked a cruise and was charged 150% of the room rate for a solo cruiser. If I add another person to the room, what would be the price difference? For example, the double occupancy rate is $500/person. I was charged $750. Would the second person be charged $250, $750 or something else? I realize port charges, taxes, fees and gratuities would need to be charged for the second person. Thanks!

I booked a cruise and was charged 150% of the room rate for a solo cruiser. If I add another person to the room, what would be the price difference? For example, the double occupancy rate is $500/person. I was charged $750. Would the second person be charged $250, $750 or something else? I realize port charges, taxes, fees and gratuities would need to be charged for the second person. Thanks!

It should be $250 more based on your example, plus the other fees as you've already paid 1 and 1/2. The person taking the booking can juggle the paperwork.

There are no Solo rates with Carnival you pay as if 2 people were in room (except for port charges for second person, they are added if you add another person), just did this.

There ARE solo rates on selected Carnival sailings. I have an entire list.

There are no Solo rates with Carnival you pay as if 2 people were in room (except for port charges for second person, they are added if you add another person), just did this.

Why do people jump in when it is clear they do not know what they are talking about.

Why do people jump in when it is clear they do not know what they are talking about.

That person booked a cruise of their own choice, not one that had a special rate (which lately hasn't been often nor great). There are offers if you are quick. Last year I found a last minute one with no solo supplement. So it's not always 200% as the poster thinks.

The op stated she was paying 150%. The other person jumped in second post with false information. Did that person think the op was lying or maybe didn't know what they had paid? It doesn't matter if they are few and far between if the exist.

My answer was based on MY experience having just booked a solo room for my daughter. I paid FULL price for her (200%) and was told by PVP there were no solo rates on Carnival sailings . Now, having found out differently from a few replies, that sometimes (not often) there are, I apologize. However some of the corrections of my statement:eek: where rude.

Thanks for the replies. I called my PVP and based on the example I provided - $500/person, I was charged 150% or $750 - the second person would be $250 plus taxes, fees, etc.

FYI - for those that it may help out, single rates are available but often limited. My first solo cruise I paid 200% of the room rate. This year I have two cruises where I paid no single supplement and one cruise was 150%. I did not have any cruises planned this year but with the prices offered with the single fees reduced or not charged, it made the decision easier to purchase three cruises so far. Cheers!