Freedom from Texas port

ginurse

Just a quick question for anyone who has been on the Freedom out of Galveston and done the Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel ports. Wondering what side of the ship docked at those ports. I know it hasn't had that many sailing yet and can change up, I was just curious to hear since I am booked this summer and I like to be able to watch the pier. Hoping I picked the right side :)

Anytime we have cruised out of Galveston on a Carnival ship and docked in

Cozumel or Montego Bay, we have docked with the Port side (left) facing the port.

The starboard side is facing the water/ocean.

Hope this helps.

Anytime we have cruised out of Galveston on a Carnival ship and docked in

Cozumel or Montego Bay' date=' we have docked with the Port side (left) facing the port.[/quote']

In Mo Bay we have docked in both positions. It may depend on current and weather/wind as to whether or not they pull in forward or back in.

I was on Freedom out of Galveston very recently and did that exact itinerary. Our balcony was on the starboard side. In Galveston, we were facing port while being docked and again while docking during the return(so the ship docked by starboard in Galveston). In Montego Bay, we were facing the dock again (so the ship docked by the starboard side). Cayman is tender. Cozumel, we were facing Breeze docked in the next pier (so the ship docked by starboard in Cozumel). Now that I think about it, looks like Freedom docks by Starboard when possible.

I have sailed the Freedom and she does seem to dock to the starboard more often then some of the other ships.

Cozumel is always a toss up as to which side ships will dock and is based on who gets there first. You already know Cayman is a tender and Jamaica is also a toss up.

If it were me and I wanted to play the odds to have a stateroom on the dock side I would book starboard. But then again, only time will tell.

Which ever it turns out to be have a wonderful cruise. Loved Jen Baxter as CD. She has a great entertainment team with her.