Spice H2O in the daytime: crowds, shade

grouchomarx

I am sailing next month on BA and wondering how crowded does Spice H2O get during daytime hours. I really want a Vibe pass but may not be able to score one, and wondering if this is a decent alternative to get away from kids and just relax. Also, is there shade? Thanks in advance.

Like the pool area, Spice H2O is more crowded on sea days than on port days. Always seemed to be enough chairs and loungers on my 2 BA cruises but very little shade. It wouldn't kill NCL to buy a few more umbrellas. Nice waterfall to cool off and 2 hot tubs.

Like the pool area, Spice H2O is more crowded on sea days than on port days. Always seemed to be enough chairs and loungers on my 2 BA cruises but very little shade. It wouldn't kill NCL to buy a few more umbrellas. Nice waterfall to cool off and 2 hot tubs.

Have not been on the Breakaway, but have seen some photos of Spice H2O. I wonder why NCL changed it. I was on the Epic and it looks nothing like the one on the Breakaway. Actually, it was the only part of the Epic the DW & I liked. 2 hot tubs and a small pool.

2010%20Epic%20Cruise%20025.jpg?1427232761971&1427232762708

I was at Spice H2O on Epic in December. It was crowded, but there was a slow creep of passengers throughout the day. Some folks would start at the bar and then swoop in to a lounger as one became free. Then they would swoop in to a better lounger, and so on. I participated in this process myself.

On Epic there was shade by the bar because there were umbrellas by the bar. You can also count on a little bit of a shadow cast by the video wall depending on the time of day. Again on Epic, there was also a little shade because of the terracing, but this is absent on the -aways. (But it will be back on Escape-class!)

Have fun at Spice. It's my favorite place on Norwegian's megas.