How to spend onboard excursion credit

rungod

I

I was just told something different. I either have to wait a week before the cruise to use it, or book now on my own dime and then get issued a credit on board after we sail

We have All In and are cruising June 13. I booked 3 excursions today and they booked the ones for our teens, who are not allowed to have "Allin". I paid for them as usual with a credit card.

Try again!

866-625-1167

Confirmations took about an hour to arrive via e-mail, kids came right away.

Nora

We are sailing on Getaway

Edited by DrNora
ship

i haven't read all the answers but most that I have read are WRONG

We called the excursion number, told them which excursions we want and they were booked and we received confirmation. There was an 12 dollar difference between our excursion credit that we will have charged to out on board account. We also paid for our kid's excursions at the same time.

It takes a few minutes longer to revive confirmation, but it is easy and the excursion desk knows exactly how to handle it

When I go to myNCL the excursions are there right under"booked items""

Hi, did you buy the Package at the time of your reservation that included the OBC , Dining, Drinks, etc.?

Just to clarify - they let you spend excursion credits you had on your account?

Yes. We bought the package that included the ubp, uDP, 10% off the fare, gratuities, bingo, pictures- it was called " all inclusive" or Allin.

My husband and I each received 200 excursion credit. We booked our excursions a while ago just like Drnora described.

Someone is giving you bad info at NCL- the man I spoke with was well- versed in the procedure as the AllIn package turned out to be pretty popular.

Yes. We bought the package that included the ubp, uDP, 10% off the fare, gratuities, bingo, pictures- it was called " all inclusive" or Allin.

My husband and I each received 200 excursion credit. We booked our excursions a while ago just like Drnora described.

Someone is giving you bad info at NCL- the man I spoke with was well- versed in the procedure as the AllIn package turned out to be pretty popular.

Hi, so, it sounds like if you have the All In Package, you should be able to book the excursions ahead of time.

I do not have the All In package, NCL gave us $200 OBC for the current promotion called "Norwegian's Freestyle Choice".

Has anyone without the All In package been successful in booking ahead using OBC?

Thanks.

I think this is something NCL has to fix. If I have OBC I should be able to use it for my excursion pre-booking. ... .

OBC stands for ON BOARD credit. Credit to be used ON BOARD.

I do not understand why you, and many others, think it should be able to be used before you get on board.

Please read the thread and tone down being mean. The allin package included 200 per person excursion credit, not onboard excursion credit. I know the difference between that and a credit you only can use when you are sailing.

So, it looks like we are talking oranges and apples here - not the same type of credits at all. We were given an OBC when we booked. We cannot use this to book "anything" until we are on board. I want to book a ship's excursion as well and will just take my chances when I get on board. If I were to book it now (2 weeks before my cruise) it would be charged to my cc. So first of all, you have to distinguish what type of credit you have and then go from there.

I have tried several time for our Alaska cruise and been told every time the shore excursion credit can not be used before the cruise. I can book on my credit card then get a refund or take my chances when I get on board the excursion will still be available

I can book on my credit card then get a refund or take my chances when I get on board the excursion will still be available

Hi, Do you have anything in writing that says you can book with a credit card and then ask for a refund? I guess I am a worry-wort.

I am worried that if I did this, they wouldn't give me the credit once on board and then I would be left with a lot of OBC to still use up in another way.

Has anyone out there successfully done this in the past?

And if it is a sold out excursion, would you run the risk of losing it to someone on a wait list while they cancel the first reservation and book it with OBC?

Thanks.