RCI Adventure of the Seas Cabin Information Please

Not 6666, but this is a deck 6 balcony the same generation of ship:

VEA-13.jpg

That's a little disappointing always had the what I call open balcony with glass at the bottom and more open about rail. But that the only 2 connecting cabins they had when I booked. I called today and still nothing else has opened up.:eek:

That's a little disappointing always had the what I call open balcony with glass at the bottom and more open about rail. But that the only 2 connecting cabins they had when I booked. I called today and still nothing else has opened up.:eek:

Well, look at it this way, you're getting the connecting cabins which is your main requirement so that's good. Also, I've found the balconies to be way too cold and windy, so maybe the extra coverage from the metal around the wall will help keep some of the wind out and make your balcony warmer. Plus you can still see the ocean. If you really hate it, just move upstairs to another floor and forgo the connecting rooms.

Does anyone know if Navigator has a metal wall on deck 6? I saw some pics online and the balconies looked glass, not metal. But, I know it's in the same class as Adventure, so now I'm curious.

It's only an issue on the 6th floor. The rest are the way you've seen them.

Does anyone know if Navigator has a metal wall on deck 6? I saw some pics online and the balconies looked glass, not metal. But, I know it's in the same class as Adventure, so now I'm curious.

The metal walls (full or half) are only on Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure. All the other Voyager and Freedom class ships have all glass walls on all decks.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone had a balcony room on Deck 10? We are in room 1230. Thank you.

I was down the hall from there in 1264 last week. You definitely have the glass bottom on your balcony, if that's what you're wondering. The side walls of our balcony looked freshly painted, and everything was in good condition. That whole area of the ship was nice & quiet it seemed to me, I'm not 100% sure what's right above you. The part of the gym where they do yoga I think(?)

Edited by Booth44

Has anyone had a balcony room on Deck 10? We are in room 1230. Thank you.

We've not been in that specific stateroom, but have been in others on deck 10. Love the proximity to the pool deck, but occasional noise from above at 4am makes us look to deck 9 first.

We are part of an incentive group that earned this cruise. We didn't get to pick our room. Based on our points - the higher on the ship and the nicer the rooms. :) Does anyone have a photo of a Deck 10 balcony?

We are part of an incentive group that earned this cruise. We didn't get to pick our room. Based on our points - the higher on the ship and the nicer the rooms. :) Does anyone have a photo of a Deck 10 balcony?

A deck 10 balcony will look like any other side-facing balcony in the same stateroom category on decks 7 through 9. Here's an example:

VEA-18.jpg

Edited by clarea

but deck 6 has the metal bottom on their balcony?

Yes, my mistake, I've edited my post. Deck 6 has all metal balcony walls, and decks 7 through 10 have half-metal, half-glass, like the photo above.

[quote name='Shva']I saw on another post that the balconies on Deck 6 are all metal and you can't see out if you're sitting down...any truth to that?[/QUOTE]

I was just on Adventure on 5/16, and yes you are correct. The balcony is solid metal up to the rail, so if you don't mind standing to see the ocean, then deck 6 is fine. Only balcony cabins on decks 7 and above have glass which allows you to either stand or be seated to see the full view.