New "statement" when completing Price Protection Form with Early Saver

Seany527

I just completed the Price Protection Form for a price drop and under the section that says "Website (if applicable)" this text was written in the box:

"By selecting yes, if a guaranteed rate is found you will lose your assigned stateroom number."

Ummm, there is no "yes" or "no" option to select. Anyone know what this means or have they seen it before? I don't want to give up my cabin regardless of the amount I would save.

I was getting a discount based off of an Early Saver sale, so luckily there was no guaranteed rate that would apply.

I just completed the Price Protection Form for a price drop and under the section that says "Website (if applicable)" this text was written in the box:

"By selecting yes, if a guaranteed rate is found you will lose your assigned stateroom number."

Ummm, there is no "yes" or "no" option to select. Anyone know what this means or have they seen it before? I don't want to give up my cabin regardless of the amount I would save.

I was getting a discount based off of an Early Saver sale, so luckily there was no guaranteed rate that would apply.

I'm wondering if this means that Carnival will now price match to a guarantee rate. In the past they wouldn't.

Supposedly, if you are booked Early Saver you can, One time only, give-up your assigned cabin and ES rate for the Guarantee rate and Carnival assigned cabin. Ken

Edited by Ken076

In the "comment" box be sure and write:

My current Early Saver rate is___________________________________

The Early Saver rate advertised is _______________________________

This is what my PVP told me.

Thanks for the advice. :)

In the "comment" box be sure and write:

My current Early Saver rate is___________________________________

The Early Saver rate advertised is _______________________________

This is what my PVP told me.

I always spell it out in the comments:

My current rate is xxx, the new rate under xxxpromo is xxx, this should be a reduction of $xxx applied as OBC.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Supposedly, if you are booked Early Saver you can, One time only, give-up your assigned cabin and ES rate for the Guarantee rate and Carnival assigned cabin. Ken

Thanks for the feedback, Ken. Carnival has never extended that privilege to me. That's why I stopped booking early saver.

I just did a form and didn't choose anything from this box - still got the $100 price drop! And didn't loose my cabin.

That showed up on my form too. I just deleted it before it was submitted. Carnival also gave me hassle because I booked with a discounted down payment. They said to get the price drop I would have to pay the full down payment first.:mad:

If they offer early saver with a discounted down payment how can they not let you use the benefits of the early saver rate? I think that is ridiculous.

that showed up on mine as well.....i just deleted it. everything is showing correct on my account:)

as for the reduced deposits....it seems they do make you pay the difference if you price match with a non-reduced deposit price. normally now I just get the difference paid off asap so I can benefit from other price drops:)

I just got a $190 price drop but it looks like they want me to pay the difference in the deposit. I'm going to call my PVP and see if I can pay it all off when my balance is due in 2 weeks. If not, I'll just pay it. I'm happy for the lower rate!

How long does it take for Carnival to look at these forms now? I've yet to hear back from them on this.

I submitted my form yesterday at noon and have yet to hear back. Someone on another thread said she completed the form on Thursday, as of today she hadn't heard anything and called. They told her to call tomorrow as that will be 2 full business days. I am calling tomorrow. I don't want the price to change and lose out on the drop! and with that little blurb on the form, I am worried they will change my cabin!