Quantum class dining

BZEKE

I am planning to book the anthem and was wondering how they have adjusted the quantum

dining? we are a group of 10 and like the MDR . Do they have large tables ? are you required to change dinning rooms every day?

Thanks in advance for the info

Bob

How's the dress code working out? What's it like with people wearing casual and formal at the same time

This is interesting to me, as I'm sailing on Anthem in September.

I LOVE formal nights, and getting my tuxedo on and having the whole ship do the same (common on Celebrity) is part of the fun - it makes the ambiance wonderful and almost transports you to another world!

On Anthem/Quantum it seems like Grande will be the formal restaurant, but will you look like a bit of an idiot wandering around the ship after dinner when everyone else is in jeans? I'm not sure it has the same effect/appeal! Though judging by some threads people aren't making much of an effort in Grande either, and RCI aren't doing any enforcement, so perhaps it's all a complete waste of time anyway!

This is interesting to me, as I'm sailing on Anthem in September.

I LOVE formal nights, and getting my tuxedo on and having the whole ship do the same (common on Celebrity) is part of the fun - it makes the ambiance wonderful and almost transports you to another world!

On Anthem/Quantum it seems like Grande will be the formal restaurant, but will you look like a bit of an idiot wandering around the ship after dinner when everyone else is in jeans? I'm not sure it has the same effect/appeal! Though judging by some threads people aren't making much of an effort in Grande either, and RCI aren't doing any enforcement, so perhaps it's all a complete waste of time anyway!

You would look about as idiotic as anyone wandering out of a nice restaurant into a nice town center in a tux; so if that's a consideration...

One wonderful thing about a cruise vacation is the ability to do things that YOU LOVE, to be transported literally and figuratively, to places you find appealing, relaxing, or exhilarating. Enjoy your Anthem!

You would look about as idiotic as anyone wandering out of a nice restaurant into a nice town center in a tux; so if that's a consideration...

One wonderful thing about a cruise vacation is the ability to do things that YOU LOVE, to be transported literally and figuratively, to places you find appealing, relaxing, or exhilarating. Enjoy your Anthem!

That's fair actually... I guess it's not so much looking like an idiot as it is not having the same ambiance when the whole ship isn't participating on the same night. It loses something, IMO!

1726064655_ScreenShot2015-03-28at2_47_29PM.jpg.f05450218a0f614dbff32197b986fb54.jpg

It looks like they're re-branding dining again for Anthem.

'Dynamic Dining Choice'

Sample a different dining experience each night or even return to the same restaurant again and again. You'll find tantalizing selections to indulge in every time. Select your restaurants and dining times online using Cruise Planner right now.

'Dynamic Dining Classic'

This option is for guests who prefer the traditional main dining room style. Classic establishes your choice of early or late seating, giving you the chance to experience a preset line-up of our complimentary main restaurants. You have the convenience of the same dining time each night, with the same wait staff and dining companions at your table throughout the cruise. Dynamic Dining Classic is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Your complete Classic dining itinerary will be available to view on Cruise Planner 30 days prior to your sail date.

That's fair actually... I guess it's not so much looking like an idiot as it is not having the same ambiance when the whole ship isn't participating on the same night. It loses something, IMO!

Based on some facebook conversations on the Anthem thread, there are a larger proportion of Brits planning to wear tuxes when they eat in Grande compared to the more American audience on cruise critic.

I plan on asking after the first couple of sailings have been completed as to whether the majority were in suits and tuxes compared to what people have reported from Quantum.

With the Dynamic Classic, you rotate to 4 restaurants (?) Does anyone know which ones they are? Is there an option at all to eat in the same restaurant every night with same waitstaff?

With the Dynamic Classic, you rotate to 4 restaurants (?) Does anyone know which ones they are? Is there an option at all to eat in the same restaurant every night with same waitstaff?

I think it tells you 30 days before sailing what your allocation is, so I assume to maximise capacity for Classic, they offer several different groups that are rotated though a different order.

The restaurants in the rotation are American Icon Grill, Chic, The Grande, and Silk.

There is no standard option to eat in the same restaurant every night with the same wait staff. You could certainly opt for Dynamic Dining Choice and book the same restaurant every night at the same time if you wanted to, but given the staff would appear to rotate I don't know if you'd get the same wait staff every night.

I'd suggest that if you don't think you like the idea of eating in different restaurants, then Quantum might not be for you?

Edited by dst87

I was just on the Quantum, ate at Grande twice. Wore my tuxedo both nights (different jacket/tie combo).

I don't think anyone looked at me any weirder than they normally would. Really when you come down to it no one thinks about you as much as you do nor do they care what you're wearing.

Bottom line, I bought my tuxedo to wear it not let it sit in a closet and cruising is one of the only times that I get to wear it and I'm not going to not wear it because other people are walking around in what they want to wear. If they are looking it's probably because they're saying "Damn, he looks good, I probably should have worn a tux."

I was just on the Quantum, ate at Grande twice. Wore my tuxedo both nights (different jacket/tie combo).

I don't think anyone looked at me any weirder than they normally would. Really when you come down to it no one thinks about you as much as you do nor do they care what you're wearing.

Bottom line, I bought my tuxedo to wear it not let it sit in a closet and cruising is one of the only times that I get to wear it and I'm not going to not wear it because other people are walking around in what they want to wear. If they are looking it's probably because they're saying "Damn, he looks good, I probably should have worn a tux."

Hear, hear! [emoji41]