Are any of you using silk flowers?

Are any of you going to use silk flowers for your bouquet? I wanted to be able to keep my wedding bouquet and since your not allowed to take flowers off the ship home with you I was thinking of bring my own silk flowers. I know the flowers come with the package, is there a way I can just ask for them not to be included so they won't go to waste?

I am definintely going to use silk flowers. I love the look of tropical looking and colorful flowers in pictures...plus they can double as keepsakes for bridesmaids and/or other guests if you plan to get them corsages/bouts. So far, I like the choices on hibiscusforals.com

I was just married while on a Carnival cruise 7-27-05. I used silk flowers for my bridesmaids- they turned out great! I made them myself and even put a charm on each one with the first initial of each of the maids. They really liked them and were happy to have the pretty keepsake of the wedding. As for my flowers... the plan was to have them shipped back to the states to be freezedried. I had all the details (I thought) worked out with my wedding coodinator who was going to ship them overnight express just hours after the wedding, and with the freeze dry company here in the states. It ended up getting stuck in customs though, and the flowers died before they ever could make it home. If you can be sure your flowers will make it through cutoms (depending on where you are getting married) the freeze dry option is there too... I don't know if you have ever seen them... they are much prettier then those that are just "dried" they actually hold their color pretty well. You can see pics of my wedding (including the bride'smaids flowers) through the link on my website; www.brianandmeganswedding.com . Good luck to you!

I also used silk flowers. My very talented sister made bouquets for the entire wedding party and they were gorgeous. They were a bit non-traditional, but that made them even more special as far as I was concerned. And it was a nice touch that the wedding party had a nice souvenir to take with them.

Unfortunately, you won't get a credit back for bringing your own flowers. But you can always us the bouquet they provide as a "toss" bouquet. That way it won't go to waste.

Archived