Early saver , HELP

DJW8385

I'm interested in booking an early saver rate for a cruise I plan on going next year. It's the 8 day Southern Carribean leaving out of Miami, FL on 8/13/16. I never booked an early saver rate before. Besides the reduce deposit rates, what are the advantages of ES rates over Fun Select(which I normally book)?

I've only just booked my first early saver ( I usually don't book this far in advance) and was told that your are eligible for reductions in rates that apply to your booked category until final payment is due. You must be the one to call carnival / PVP to get the reduced rates, they are not automatically given to you. After final payment is due, you can continue to receive the reductions in rates, but now in the form of on board credit. If your a person who checks the rates of your cruise often, you may be able to get money off your cruise and on board credit. The one restriction that I was made aware of was that is it a non refundable or a fee to cancel / change your cruise. I'm sure others will chime in with more specifics, but I think that covers the general benefits. Good luck!

Edited by Rock_ON!!

Rock On covered it well. You can apply for price reductions if they happen and you are guaranteed to get them. Up until Final Payment any change in your reservation to another week or another ship will result in a $50pp change fee. In my opinion it's the best way to go if you can essentially commit (baring unforeseen circumstances) far enough in advance to take advantage of the rate. We booked our upcoming Magic cruise earlier this week using Early Saver and already successfully obtained a modest price drop.

I'm interested in booking an early saver rate for a cruise I plan on going next year. It's the 8 day Southern Carribean leaving out of Miami, FL on 8/13/16. I never booked an early saver rate before. Besides the reduce deposit rates, what are the advantages of ES rates over Fun Select(which I normally book)?

I've only just booked my first early saver ( I usually don't book this far in advance) and was told that your are eligible for reductions in rates that apply to your booked category until final payment is due. You must be the one to call carnival / PVP to get the reduced rates, they are not automatically given to you. After final payment is due, you can continue to receive the reductions in rates, but now in the form of on board credit. If your a person who checks the rates of your cruise often, you may be able to get money off your cruise and on board credit. The one restriction that I was made aware of was that is it a non refundable or a fee to cancel / change your cruise. I'm sure others will chime in with more specifics, but I think that covers the general benefits. Good luck!

Early Saver gives you price protection up to 2 days before you sail, Fun Saver gives price protection until final payment is due (final payment is due 75 days before sale date). Using Early Saver means your deposit in not refundable (you get a credit toward future purchase) while with other rates your deposit is refundable up to final payment date. Early Saver name changes to guests sailing cost $50, with the other rates they are free up to final payment date.

And getting a price drop requires filling out an online form and submitting it to Carnival, calling them does nothing.

I recommend you browse the other threads here about different rates and read Carnivals FAQ section so you understand what is correct and not correct.

Did anyone mention that there has to be a cabin in your category open to get the drop? I have always booked ES and benefited greatly, but next year I am in a 4j and all cabins in that category are filled so no chance of a drop so no reason to live with the restrictions.

And getting a price drop requires filling out an online form and submitting it to Carnival, calling them does nothing.

I booked Early Saver, found a price drop, called them and received OBC for the difference. As long as there is still an empty stateroom in your category you can claim the price drop.