Freedom Dining/Azura

cruisejunkie61

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone can help? We are on AZURA on 1st June and wondered if on formal nights, do you have to dress up if you are Freedom Dining? If so is it acceptable for a gentleman to wear a dark grey suit white shirt and black tie( normal tie not dickie bow)? This is our first cruise with P&O and hoping it will be lovely.

Dress code for freedom dining is the same as traditional dining on formal nights.

Not all men will be wearing a dinner suit a dark lounge suit is perfectly acceptable and any tie will be ok doesnt need to be black

Hi Cruise Junkie,

Freedom Dining is exactly the same as Traditional/Club Dining. It has the same dress codes and you will be served exactly the same menu, the only difference is you can turn up to be seated at any time during dinner service, just like you would a normal restaurant on land. You are not given a 'fixed' seating time.

The MDRs on board will be split between those used for Freedom dining and those for Club. Stop me if I'm telling you something you already know, but your restaurant allocation is for dinner ONLY. Breakfast and lunch is *all* Freedom style, and you can go to any MDR you chose for this - I have heard some people on Freedom think that because 'their' MDR was not open for daytime service, they could only eat in the buffet. Not true!

And as sammybony says, the dark suit is perfectly acceptable. Have a great trip!