Future Cruise Certificates

Conway733

I know Carnival is no longer selling the future cruise certificates on board, and all I want to do is apply the $100 I paid to my booking. To make a long story short, we purchased a certificate for $100, applied it to a booking. This booking was then cancelled by Carnival due to itinerary changes. Made another booking, and were told we could then have this applied to the second booking. It never was, and then that cruise was cancelled by Carnival due to itinerary changes. Called and spoke with someone about this. Was given an extended deadline to use the certificate, as long as we booked something by April 2015. We would lose the OBC, but the $100 we paid would be applied to booking. I called today, and no one has the slightest clue what I'm taking about. Anyone have any ideas of who or what department I could contact about this?

Thanks Everyone. Not trying to break any rules, so forget I asked about recommendations. I guess I'll ask to speak with a supervisor. I do find it interesting that people on here, who aren't customers service reps, appear to understand what happened, yet in speaking with actual customer service reps, they don't seem to understand. I guess I was worried it wasn't making sense. And I'm sure there are so many policies and procedures to learn that it would be difficult, it just feels like I'm going in circles.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Edited by Conway733

I know Carnival is no longer selling the future cruise certificates on board, and all I want to do is apply the $100 I paid to my booking. To make a long story short, we purchased a certificate for $100, applied it to a booking. This booking was then cancelled by Carnival due to itinerary changes. Made another booking, and were told we could then have this applied to the second booking. It never was, and then that cruise was cancelled by Carnival due to itinerary changes. Called and spoke with someone about this. Was given an extended deadline to use the certificate, as long as we booked something by April 2015. We would lose the OBC, but the $100 we paid would be applied to booking. I called today, and no one has the slightest clue what I'm taking about. Anyone have any ideas of who or what department I could contact about this?

First you need to gather all important facts. Once you have this, ask to speak to a supervisor and get their email address and telephone extension. When talking to a supervisor, suggest if it would be better to speak to someone that deals with this type of situation or are they willing to take ownership of this issue until it is resolved.

This is what need to prove out the events:

1. Provide the date and ship when you purchased the FCC

2. The Booking number of your first cruise that was canceled. (If you don't know, go on Carnival website and they may have that info under for past bookings)

a. The date that you applied for the FCC to be used. Do you have any documents showing that the FCC was applied (May be the same day you booked it.)

b. The date that Carnival announced that the itinerary has change and the right for you to cancel without penalty.

c. Were you given a cancelation number of your booking at the time.

3. Do the same thing for your second booking. More facts that better.

4. Keep it professional and work with the supervisor to get this completed. This could take days.

5. If things are not going you way, but your proof of claim is well supported, ask for on "On Board Credit" Instead of the discount. They are usually more willing to resolve it that way.

Finally, we had to cancel a cruise due to a death in the family. We had applied one of our FCCs and we had to go through the same thing. We booked the canceled cruise in January and rebooked the FCC 9 months later. The only difference was the certificate was still within the expiration period and I had full documentation in writing of the reissuance of the FCC.

Good Luck!

what a nightmare. book a cruise and it gets cancelled. so you book a replacement cruise and that one gets cancelled. that is horrible. i would be going crazy. i feel so bad for you. hopefully you get the certificate situation squared away on a cruise that actually cruises.

Thanks for that CruiseHealing! I do have all their info and notes of who I spoke with, so I will try what you lined out. I'm trying not to get too frustrated because it is a vacation, and I am happy I can take one...but I didn't think I'd be spending so much time straightening this out. I'm also going to heed the advice of using a TA in the future. I booked online myself because it seemed simple. :)

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Edited by Conway733