What cabana is best on Half Moon Cay

JTfromGA

I decided to book a cabana on Half Moon Cay since my youngest grandbaby will be on the cruise with us, she will be almost 2 yrs old. I am hoping that since we are platinum, we can get to the Service Desk early enough to get one of our top picks. What cabana would you recommend and why? Looking forward to your answers :)

It depends. Do you want to be near all the activities? Then you would pick the lower numbers. We like 8, 9, or 10. They are further down the beach, away from the crowds and are right in front of a restroom and not a long walk to the food tent. The higher the number the further away from the "action".

We prefer to be farther down the beach with fewer people- feels more like paradise that way! We had cabana 14 and loved it. The lower number cabanas are right near all the loud music and crowds of people, sometimes drunk and rowdy, which is not where I would want to be with a 2 year old. I think you would be happy with one if the cabanas between 9 and 14.

It was great...not too noisy, not too far away. A little bit of a walk to the lunch buffet, but a decent distance from the noisier areas. At that time, they were still building the larger family cabanas near us, so I have no idea how that affects the "serenity" of those middle cabanas now.

Then again, as I think about it, I would take the crappiest, loudest cabana right here, right now instead of being at work!! I swear I wouldn't complain!! :D

With a 2 year-old in tow I might want to be in one of the lower-numbered cabanas because they're closer to the kids' area, but generally I prefer the higher-numbered cabanas because they're quieter and have less traffic. When we had cabana #5 we had people who kept coming up to use our shower.

I have a 3 and 6 year old and we had cabana 7 back in January. It was close enough to the bathrooms but far enough where I wasn't bothered by the crowds and noise. It was a walk to get there so I recommend getting a ride if you can. With that said my kids both walked there and back just fine. The snacks in the cabana and drinks were enough for us and we didn't even go down to the busy areas. We weren't bothered by anyone and I'd highly recommend cabana 7 for a good mix of sun, shade and privacy. :)