Price protection questions

MNCruizer1

First time cruiser. When I mock book the price is the same but when I used the fare viewer it was cheaper? Is that right? Also...if they approve a price change..do they take it off the amount you still owe? The only options I saw were on board credit or upgrade? Or should I have left that blank?

Thank you

The price on fareviewer is probably cheaper because it does not show your taxes and port fees...did you consider this?

I always do a mock booking because fareviewer does not include military rates...are you eligible for military rates?

I have never gotten the difference taken off of my balance...always been in form of obc or an upgrade. Maybe someone else here has and can let you know if possible.

First time cruiser. When I mock book the price is the same but when I used the fare viewer it was cheaper? Is that right? Also...if they approve a price change..do they take it off the amount you still owe? The only options I saw were on board credit or upgrade? Or should I have left that blank?

Thank you

You need to verify that the cabin selection is correct when using fare viewer (such as verifying price for a 4D instead of a 4B). If you are before final payment date they will lower the amount due......if after final payment or if after paid in full, they will give you OBC. Of course, you could always accept what they believe to be an upgrade in lieu of OBC.

FYI, best to verify base price against base price (price without taxes & port charges).

Edited by Out to sea!

The price on fareviewer is probably cheaper because it does not show your taxes and port fees...did you consider this?

I always do a mock booking because fareviewer does not include military rates...are you eligible for military rates?

I have never gotten the difference taken off of my balance...always been in form of obc or an upgrade. Maybe someone else here has and can let you know if possible.

Thank you...you were right. The price I saw that was cheaper was without fees.